GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SHABAZZ X

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

it's gonna poke without pulling some camber, but it could be made to work. definitely roll your fenders if you haven't already. My summer wheels are 18x8.5 +45 on 225/40 and they poke a bit in back. the 2nd pic is a sort of top view so you can see the poke. The design of the rotiform six makes...
  2. SHABAZZ X

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

Wondering what tire size I should run on a 19x8.5 +45? I'm around 2 inches lowered currently on stock rolled fenders. can I get away with 215/40/19?
  3. SHABAZZ X

Highest Whp R

Really? No high HP builds on here? That’s cool n all, But more lookin for folks on here to post their cars and specs. Pretty crazy that mk6 is running 10’s on stock internals tho.
  4. SHABAZZ X

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

I’m curious about the Stage 3 APR kit. How does the powerband compare to stage 2? Is it much more laggy?
  5. SHABAZZ X

Highest Whp R

El yeah man! I just subscribed to your build thread. Looking forward to seeing your numbers ✌️
  6. SHABAZZ X

Highest Whp R

In the spirit of curiosity and friendly competition, who has the highest WHP/WTQ R? Post pics & dyno clips if you got em 😎
  7. SHABAZZ X

Intercoolers: when to upgrade?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll likely feel it out without the IC and plan to upgrade later. It does get a bit humid in the summertime where I live, although not Florida levels.
  8. SHABAZZ X

Intercoolers: when to upgrade?

Most aftermarket software beyond stage 1 seems to require or at least “highly recommend” an upgraded inter cooler. However, from what I’ve read and seen online, the factory intercooler on the R is pretty beefy already. It seems to me that if you plan to track your car it would make sense to...
  9. SHABAZZ X

Non-Factory Replacement Fenders

Yeah I was worried about those damn 1 time use clips lol. Glad to know they aren’t an issue. Thanks!
  10. SHABAZZ X

Catback decisions

Nice, I’m gonna go this route. Tips are already in the mail.:cool: thanks for the suggestions
  11. SHABAZZ X

Catback decisions

Will APR tips fit on stock exhaust?
  12. SHABAZZ X

Catback decisions

yep, just looking for an increase in rumble without killing my ears. Hadn’t heard of the resonator delete tho. I’ll look into that plus maybe some black tips 🤔
  13. SHABAZZ X

WTB: FRONT FENDERS & BUMPER

Looking for a front bumper & a tidy set of front fenders for my R. preferably Carbon Steel Gray but any good condition OEM panels will do. quotes on shipping to MINNEAPOLIS, 55408 Thanks,
  14. SHABAZZ X

Another thing I'm wondering is if I can get away with buying only the fenders and re-use the hardware. any thoughts on that?
  15. SHABAZZ X

Catback decisions

Thanks for the reply. I feel you on the price thing when it's mostly for the sound. However, because I'm looking for something that's more subdued, it seems like options are limited. pretty much everything I've seen that's sub $1k is non-resonated..
  16. SHABAZZ X

Catback decisions

Leaning towards HPA Quadpack but also looking at Miltek resonated. Anyone have experience with either? Any reliability or fitment issues? :unsure: Thanks in advanced
  17. SHABAZZ X

Thanks man, good to know they are the same fenders across mk6. I'll definitely try to find used OEM's somewhere. On a separate but related note. Has anyone tried rolling fenders off the car? I'm curious what the best way to do that would be? My current fenders were improperly rolled before I...
  18. SHABAZZ X

wow! thanks for this knowledge sir. I figured it was too good to be true :rolleyes: looks like I'll be scouring the web for used ones. 🤷‍♂️
  19. SHABAZZ X

Anybody have experience with non-factory replacement fenders? like these: =4&vehicle[liter]=2%2E0&vehicle[submodel]=Base&vehicle[model]=Golf_R&vehicle[make]=Volkswagen&vehicle[year]=2013']2013 Volkswagen Golf R Base 4 Cyl 2.0L - Fender - Front, Driver and Passenger Side What's the difference...
  20. SHABAZZ X

Lug Nut Question (Stud conversion)

Thanks for the replies guys. I decided to just go with regular steel nuts for now until I get new wheels. It was really just an aesthetic choice to go with the RAYS, I liked the way they looked and I'm a fan of the company.