GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Clunk diagnosis

I replaced the end links a few days ago with new superpro adjustable units - the clunk is still present unfortunately
  2. D

Clunk diagnosis

Hey all, 2011 GTI with 210,000 miles. I have a clunk that is comes out as I move the steering wheel from lock to lock. From the passenger side in the front. It makes a familiar ping that sounds like hitting the brake dust shield. Things I’ve replaced Control arm bushings (both)...
  3. D

New in box: Bilstein B8 GTI 55mm set (SOCAL) $600 obo

Correct - these are just the shocks and struts - you will need springs (factory or aftermarket) I can throw in a set of used VW Drivers gear springs with purchase if you'd like them.
  4. D

New in box: Bilstein B8 GTI 55mm set (SOCAL) $600 obo

Posting this feeler: I have a brand new in box set of mk6 Bilstein B8s. Thinking of going another direction - they have not been mounted yet. Looking to get $600 obo for the set. Let me know if interested!
  5. D

Official California FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread

Still looking for one? I have one that's going to need a re-paint (it's already disassembled) I can let go for $50
  6. D

APR High-Flow Direct-Replacement Intake Filters are Here!

Very cool! Can these be cleaned and reused like K&N filters?
  7. D

For those who run the B4 Bilsteins paired with any springs....

The ground control coilover conversion kit might be worth exploring as well if travel is the issue with the Bilsteins Hight adjustable and you can choose spring rates IIRC
  8. D

For those who run the B4 Bilsteins paired with any springs....

This isn't a direct answer to your question.. but I hope this helps on your quest: - I had the B6s initially paired with factory (GTI) springs and the ride was really similar to factory. I felt a slight increase in harshness over VERY sharp bumps but overall it rode like stock with more...
  9. D

Alignment thoughts after a suspension refresh

I'd dial down the camber in the rear to -1.3* otherwise it looks on point!
  10. D

Koni Special Active Shock Review

Bilstein stiction is pretty high. While the damping itself is good, initial impacts are harsh. OEM dampers with a higher quality spring on factory rates like a swift spring might be the best choice if you're after comfort.
  11. D

DG Springs have settled to the bump stops

I can also confirm that the DG springs feel firmer than OE springs. These numbers came from Eibach's own technical documents and I'm not one to argue with the people that made the product; I must say that I very surprised as well. From what I was told, these springs were designed for Golf, not...
  12. D

I got some interesting info from Eibach USA. Thought I'd share for anyone interested. They had to did some digging since the DG springs are manufactured by Eibach Germany and got back to me with this info: mk6 GTI OE F 180 lb/in R 211 lb/in Eibach US Pro kit (main rate) F 217 lb/in R...
  13. D

MOTUL brake fluid for daily driving

fresh brake fluid feeling is lovely, isn't it?
  14. D

A/C compressor whine

I pulled it out of the car to see what was going on. Bone dry. Filled it with the required oil and then recharged. About 2 years later the sound came back, a simple recharge at local AC shop made it go away again. I guess they add oil to the mixture as they are refilling the car. I'd call...
  15. D

MOTUL brake fluid for daily driving

I don't think it would cause any issues - I run Endless RF 650 on my daily driven GTI. no issues in cold weather. ABS articulation is solid and don't have any worries about overheating either!
  16. D

Jacked the car up to take a look - they're still intact. Just settled a bunch! Made by Eibach