GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Clunk diagnosis

Hey all, 2011 GTI with 210,000 miles. I have a clunk that is comes out as I move the steering wheel from lock to lock. From the passenger side in the front. It makes a familiar ping that sounds like hitting the brake dust shield. Things I’ve replaced Control arm bushings (both)...
  2. D

New in box: Bilstein B8 GTI 55mm set (SOCAL) $600 obo

Posting this feeler: I have a brand new in box set of mk6 Bilstein B8s. Thinking of going another direction - they have not been mounted yet. Looking to get $600 obo for the set. Let me know if interested!
  3. D

DG Springs have settled to the bump stops

Hey all, My DG springs have settled all the way to the bump stops in the front. There is zero suspension articulation in the front now haha... These are in combination with Bilstein B6 Dampers. - Ohlins R&T coilovers are next on the list Anyone else have this happen to their DG springs...
  4. D

Subframe clunk continues after Tyrolsport Deadset kit install

Hey everyone! I'm having issues with my subframe clunking continuing to clunk even after the Tyrolsport headset kit install. I replaced all bolts with new ones and torqued to spec as per instructions of the kit. The subframe was silent with audi bolts until I had the clutch replaced last...
  5. D

WTB: Ground Control Coilover Conversion kit

looking for a coilover conversion kit preferably without springs. Shoot me a DM! thanks
  6. D

Grinding sound under heavy cornering and heavy subframe popping with steering shift

Hi all, I have a grinding sound that's come up under heavy cornering loads only when turning left on something like a banked canyon sweeper. It seems to be RPM dependent (the pitch of the grinding changes with RPM) I've tried diagnosing this in a few ways. The shop that installed my Sachs...
  7. D

PurOl 10w40 5000 Mile Review with UOA Inside!

Apologies for the formatting: I wrote this on mobile. I’ve never been a believer of fancy oils. I always thought that any class 4 quality oil was as good as it needs to be and anything beyond is just marketing. European Castrol or M1 performed just as good as any oils out there. A friend...
  8. D

Bad PVC?

Hey all, Back again with another issue... Could anyone give me any insight on what this could possibly be? There are no codes stored. I took this video, hopefully somebody will know what is going on: https://youtu.be/9nsK82g4JoU
  9. D

Help finding intermittent Stutter/stumble please!

Hey all, Im having this intermittent stutter at idle and sometimes while driving. I had a carbon cleaning performed about 2000 miles ago while the intake manifold was being replaced. Recent work done:Carbon cleaning Replaced: Intake manifold, spark plugs, coil packs, rad fans. Mods on...
  10. D

Coilover conversion kits?

I was wondering if there were any coilover conversion kits available other than the ground control kit? I want to retain the factory mounts while being able to utilize a coilover spring. I just need it for the front dampers which are Bilstein b8s I have the drivers gear spring up front and...
  11. D

Coding injectors after removal?

Hey all, I just did a DIY carbon cleaning and I didn't keep track of which injector came out of where. My friend that is a BMW tech said that I will most likely need to code the injectors with VCDS before putting everything back together for the car to run optimally. I wasn't able to find...
  12. D

Experience with PurOl?

Hey all, I wanted to check and see if anyone has any prior experience with PurOl oils. A friend that has a sponsorship with them offered to give me enough for an oil change to try out. He said that he's had great experience with it on his TSI motor. He is generally very skeptical with oil...
  13. D

H&R 22mm Rear Sway Bar (orange county, ca)

H&R 22mm Rear Sway Bar for sale has aprox. 15,000 miles on it. $200 OBO + shipping
  14. D

Swapping shock mounts for more camber?

I've been reading that BMW guys have been flipping shock mounts from L->R in order to get an increase in Camber. Is this something that's been done before on the MK6 cars? Is it even possible? Curious about this....
  15. D

Items covered under PZEV Warranty

Hi all - I thought it would be a good idea to put together a list of items covered under PZEV warranty. I was recently told that the timing cover oil leak is covered which was a surprise to myself. Let us compile a list and I will update the OP...
  16. D

misfires and fuel smell

Hi all, I broke down on the fwy Had a friend scan my car and we replaced all plugs and packs. And the misfires still continue with strong smell of fuel when I try to start it. I recently replaced the radiator and accidentally crushed the rad sensor wire between frame and rad support...
  17. D

Less engine braking than usual

Hi all, I have a 2011 GTI with 114,000 miles on it. The only change I have on it is R8 Coil packs. A few days ago I noticed the car seemed to coast in gear for way longer than it usually did on the same roads I drive every single day. I have a few unusual symptoms.. 1. Seemingly coasts...
  18. D

AC moan on climatic

The AC has been making an odd sound lately on my 2011 GTI. It only makes the sound when it's regulating temperature. If it's on full cold the moaning sound goes away. I took a video. Does anybody know what could be causing the moaning sound in the video when the temperature is set to 72...