GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. vdubnick

fuel not shutting off?

weird issue i have been having for a while now, 2013 GTI (see sig), when driving, in gear, i let off the throttle and the car slows.... but a few seconds later it decelerates harder. I have tracked this down to a fuel cut issue. which coincides with the "consumption" readout. Sometimes, it...
  2. vdubnick

throttle hang?

Is there anything that would cause throttle hang other than bad accelerator pedal? Ive noticed a significant drop in fuel economy (15-25%) over the last few months. I have also noticed the MFA economy readout hangs for up to 4-5 seconds before cutting the fuel and going to "-.--" .. I can...
  3. vdubnick

worse than normal MPG

been driving my car about 2-3 times a week for the last year (versus daily) and I have noticed worse than average fuel economy. For example, a route i would normally get 28-32mpg I am now only getting 24-28mpg. Plugs are relatively new, intake cleaned within the last 15k, fuel filter and PCV...
  4. vdubnick

Anyone else order APR wheels?

///rant/// ordered these in august.... was on backorder til october..... then november.... december..... january.... and now hopefully they ship next week. im not too bummed, got pricing before they went up, and i wasnt gonna run them in winter anyways. but holy shit... 8 months to get...
  5. vdubnick

OBDeleven pro version, now a subscription?

anyone else see that OBDEleven is going to a yearly subscription? looks like the current pro users are grandfathered in, but the notification I just got says 48 hours to buy in.
  6. vdubnick

counterfeit G052171A2 6MT oil .... beware of vwdirectautoparts.com

beware of https://www.vwdirectautoparts.com/ aka ANCIRA VW Laredo TX ... they sold me expired oil, brought it up immediately after I received it. (fill date of 2014, ordered in 2020, bottle says good for 4 years from fill date) two bottles, had the same exact date code, but once opened, one...
  7. vdubnick

NGK spark plugs .. made in USA? YES-solved

So I have been burnt before on amazon NGK's ... nothing horrible, just only got 10k out of them, then found out they were fakes when I compared them to replacements from advance auto about a year and half ago (made in JAPAN). (in hindsight, i should have known since they were gapped all over...
  8. vdubnick

02Q brass shift fork failure

In the process of doing LSD install on my 2013 GTI 02Q. I have read about failure of the rivets on the steel/brass shift forks, and everyone clamoring about getting the "upgraded" steel forks. I want to know if anyone has seen/had failure of the steel/brass selector forks on a 02Q...