GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1st Gen

Found a 2015, manual, with 102K on it.

I think I'm going to buy it. It's 14K, which seems like a lot but, I've lost all sense of value over the last few years. I just paid $470 to have my bathroom drain unclogged. All stock and all good. This might be a good platform.
  2. 1st Gen

Thinking about a tune

This is good information. Thanks.
  3. 1st Gen

Thinking about a tune

I was going to go with the COBB unit but a buddy at work says a dyno tune is the only way to go after mods. I see IE has a tune as well. After modding phones, computers, and a previous car build, I'm fully aware of the possibility of generic code not doing what it's intended to do. Is there a...
  4. 1st Gen

1st Gen starts buying parts

I got around and installed the new intake. The dirt you see on the filter is from the heat sheild on the underside of the hood, and I broke the little plastic ring that goes around the hose for the EGR, but the plug is servicable and seems very secure. I really like the sound of the turbo now...
  5. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

They do go on about their faith, which to me is a sign of how desperate their situation had become. Having been married for 30 years, I've learned to interpret what people say into the language of reality. Mostly, they're saying that change can be hard, and disorienting, but not to worry because...
  6. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

I started going to AA meetings about a month ago. It's interesting to listen to people putting their lives back together. It's important to be able to infer, then extrapolate.
  7. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

Given the transitory nature of everything we can see, it's possible that even the largest framework we can imagine is mobile. A point, inside a sphere, inside a disk, inside a cluster, inside----nothing?
  8. 1st Gen

Made ya look.
  9. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

The world can seem magical if we're unable, or unwilling, to ask simple questions. What are some properties of matter---temperature, density, and salinity. Simple mysteries become stairs to an even higher perspective. Now we have an insight into weather fronts as well. The sun is in the center...
  10. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

For me, it's kind of like being at a party where the doorman asks a simple question, where does the sun go at night? If you answer something besides the obvious answer, you don't get in. You'd be surprised how many people get this wrong, or are afraid to even look. I'm simply saying, it's not...
  11. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

When The Flying Spagetti Monster shows up, I'll be ready.
  12. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

13. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

That's crazy. I just walked from the kitchen where it smells heavy of garlic, and there's a loaf of French bread on the counter. I'm embarrassed to admit that after a full 5 minutes of trying to divine the future from the crusty loaf, I gave it up. Then I walked out here to the garage only to...
  14. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

Yea, my algorythm laughs at me. It's sometimes hard to tell what the question is. "Is the truth enough for you to believe"? I have an opinion about this.
  15. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

It was pretty easy to criticize early on, but now it just seems like bad taste. In my experience, people come to it on their own. Being a dick about it just makes me a dick.
  16. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

My opinion on any topic will be predictable, as in, I'll probably discard ideas that don't make sense. Since I'm not particularly smart, there are a lot of things I don't feel qualified to voice an opinion on, and I'm okay with that. "I don't know" is a valid response. Since I am able to...
  17. 1st Gen

The speaker didn't work because it was unplugged. I figured it was probably something like that so I wasn't too bothered when I found it. When I saw the condition of the speaker, my choice seemed obvious. I thought it would have been easier though. These adapters will work but-----there has to...
  18. 1st Gen

Integrated Engineering CAI Edit (Ordered 4/13/24) CBF Engine Rockford Fosgate, 6.5" two way speakers coming for the rear doors already. Speakers, and adapters. I might not need the adapters. Not sure until I pull the door panels off. My limit is stage 2, but if I find happiness before then...
  19. 1st Gen

TSB's, and my oil consumption problem

It's been weeks after the oil change when I discovered the two washers on the drain plug. My oil burning problem seems to have nearly vanished. It still goes through a bit, but not nearly as much. I almost wish it would have been more serious so I could have reported back, but in the end, it...
  20. 1st Gen

CEL, misfire after oil change.

I haven't had a misfire since I cleared the codes weeks ago. Clearing the codes didn't fix it, that just fixed the light. The car seems to have fixed itself. Checking the coil packs is a great idea but it doesn't appear to be necessary. Thanks for the suggestions.