GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 1st Gen

Found a 2015, manual, with 102K on it.

I think I'm going to buy it. It's 14K, which seems like a lot but, I've lost all sense of value over the last few years. I just paid $470 to have my bathroom drain unclogged. All stock and all good. This might be a good platform.
  2. 1st Gen

Thinking about a tune

I was going to go with the COBB unit but a buddy at work says a dyno tune is the only way to go after mods. I see IE has a tune as well. After modding phones, computers, and a previous car build, I'm fully aware of the possibility of generic code not doing what it's intended to do. Is there a...
  3. 1st Gen

Any Other Atheist Here?

My opinion on any topic will be predictable, as in, I'll probably discard ideas that don't make sense. Since I'm not particularly smart, there are a lot of things I don't feel qualified to voice an opinion on, and I'm okay with that. "I don't know" is a valid response. Since I am able to...
  4. 1st Gen

1st Gen starts buying parts

Integrated Engineering CAI Edit (Ordered 4/13/24) CBF Engine Rockford Fosgate, 6.5" two way speakers coming for the rear doors already. Speakers, and adapters. I might not need the adapters. Not sure until I pull the door panels off. My limit is stage 2, but if I find happiness before then...
  5. 1st Gen

CEL, misfire after oil change.

I change the oil and filter, the headlight bulbs, the in cabin air filter, and front grill. Does anyone have any sugestions? I've been changing my own oil for decades. This is the first time this has happened.
  6. 1st Gen

TSB's, and my oil consumption problem

https://appcontent-chiltonlibrary-com.fvrl.idm.oclc.org/TSBs/VW/171806_2017813-18.pdf I came across this today. My GTI burns a quart about every 500 miles, which according to the specs, is more than double what it should be. It turns out the local library has a ChiltonLibray service. Who knew?
  7. 1st Gen

A Kid Backed into my Grill

He's asking me to keep it out of insurance. Fine He'll pay cash. Fine I guess it's up to me to find a grill for this car. 2013 GTI, Wolfburg I'm having a little trouble at this point. I suppose I could go with Ebay front grill and emblem. It looks like a very simple repair. I won't have to...
  8. 1st Gen

What's this called and where can I find one

So, there's this problem. This is my daily, so help is very much appreciated.
  9. 1st Gen

Don't think you won, just because I couldn't catch you.

White MK6, low and looking good. You didn't know I was racing for noise points, and all that crackling and popping you were doing just lost the race for you. Seriously, the un-burnt gas smell made me realize what the EPA is ON about. Good run.
  10. 1st Gen

FSM Request

It's getting to be time for some regular maintenance and I'm starting from zero. I have a timing chain coming up and really want to see what's involved. If I can do it, I will. Also turbo specs, torque specs, yada yada--- 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition. 2.0 TSI, with 87K Thanks
  11. 1st Gen

2013 GTI, TSI, with 85K, P0304 CEL

The car has had a miss at start up since I brought it home. I just figured it was the carbon problem since it was close to the time when that gets to be an issue. I've made this mistake before so am trying to be a little more methodical. Jumping to assumptions has cost me a lot of time and money...
  12. 1st Gen

New Here

Just saying Hi. I bought a 2013 GTI, Wolfsburg about a month ago and I'm looking to do some modding. I was hoping there'd be an obvious path forward for stage 1 mods but with so many brands of intakes/down pipes/tunes, it's turning into a huge pita. I haven't looked at any work logs yet so want...