GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. stuck24

After 2nd oil change: 6K on oil and

it has not lost a drop of oil. :thumbup: 17k and oil even looks pretty new. Very impressed seeing as I once had an FSI engine 07 that drank 1/2 qt every 1k. Looks like the motor's a keeper! Anyhow... we tend to post when something's wrong.... but this time....how about something positive...
  2. stuck24

mk7 GTI rolls off the Puebla plant

well there it is: the orange sidemarker is now in the headlamp cluster. http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-continental-mexican-goodness-a-better-nissan-and-a-mercedes-benz-pickup/ I guess it was coming. carry on. I meant Puebla line. oh well.
  3. stuck24

The MK7: in dealers soon!

legit link http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1401-production-2015-volkswagen-golf-7-begins-mexico/
  4. stuck24

rear tire wear

hey all!!! I searched... ok no I didn't. Anyhow, rotated da dunlops at 10k (first rotation) I'm at 14k now, and the rear tires, especially the outer edges seem to be wearing out much quicker than the fronts. Ever since the rotation, the outer edges of the rears tend to be degrading quicker...
  5. stuck24

MK5/MK6 GTI oem SHIFTER KNOB with cover

just an fyi pretty sure this fits the MK6 as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-GTI-SHIFT-KNOB-OEM-UNIT-2006-2009-MK5-Excellent-Condition-in-box-/161056324682?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AGTI&hash=item257fb47c4a&vxp=mtr#ht_310wt_1255
  6. stuck24

Automobile Mag: GTI vs FOCUS ST

A tie for the most part, or maybe a slight daily driver nod to our "Aging" GTI. WOWZA! http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1210_rivalry_hatched_2013_ford_focus_st_vs_2012_volkswagen_gti/ 19" optional wheels in Europe? Heavy.
  7. stuck24

those of you on stock Dunlops

hi all: need help from the poor souls who are saddled with the dunlops sp sport 01 all season crud. The car pulls to the right of the road, and does so abnormally. It has done this since the first day I've owned it. Dealership has supposedly done an alignment 3 times, and claim everything is...
  8. stuck24

discs move?

delete mods please... I lost me mind for a second
  9. stuck24

Annoying drift/ pull to the right

Hi all: got a 2012 with dunlops/ serrons may 31st. Pulled to the right abnormally since day 1. Took it back 2 days later...they "supposedly" redid alignment. However, didn;t do much good. Took it back to dealer 5 days later, this time, tech drove with me and observed abnormal excessive...
  10. stuck24

200 mph speedo

hi All: 2012 GTI owner here... Was looking at a couple interior pics of an R. I noticed the 200 MPH speedo. I find this comical. Not saying the R is comical. I like it. But What is VW thinking? However, I always thought the 180 MPH speedo on my 145 MPH (non-limited) GTI was a little...
  11. stuck24

41 PSI: High isn't it?

Hey R folks! just got back from VW dealer. Had one nice CW R in the showroom. Had a good look, I liked the look overall. I looked on the driver side door placard and saw the recommended tire pressures. 41 PSI !!!! This is got to be the highest of any tire pressure I've ever seen. my...
  12. stuck24

New Mexico GTI'ers: tell me!

Just spent a few days in the pecos valley area. I filled up the rental with 86 octane regular and noticed that the chevron supreme gas was rated at 90 octane. Is this normal all over the state? If so, I guess the altitude makes it ok to run sub 91 octane gas???
  13. stuck24

Automobile Mag GTI Long Term wrapup

this short article pretty much sums up my own feelings for my GTI. Although I have no trouble with the ride. I think the suspension is perfect for a FWD hatch. I do lower my PSI to 36 all around though...
  14. stuck24

Sad Day: first cosmetic blemish

ok ok ok... it's a small crack in the windshield, presumably from flying rock. I know these things get bigger over time. I want to fix. How much? does it look ok after? Is there a home repair method??? cheers in advance!
  15. stuck24

38 psi: why?

My GTI recommended tire pressure is 38. At 38 I feel my fillings are about to pop out. Why 38? My old 07's recom tp was 35. Does increased fuel efficiency have anything to do with this recommendation? I am driving around with 36 psi right now. Feels better around town at that pressure.
  16. stuck24

smelling like my GTI

I need a laugh, been a rough day, so here goes: I got my car months ago. The new car smell has not faded a bit. Everytime I drive more than an hour in me car, my clothes absorb the sweet smell of Teutonic plastic and fabric. I am sitting here, writing this, and smelling my car on me. It's...
  17. stuck24

shimmy/ shake at 60-70 on asphalt

hi all: any others have a shimmy in the steering wheel b/w 60- and 70... but only on asphalt overlayed freeway??? Apparently, either the summer tires are sensitive to this uneven shit job of Houston asphalt pavers, or the tires are imbalanced. Any others out there with any "vibe b/w 60 and...
  18. stuck24

amp to run the rear dynaudios

hi all: I am a stereo newb so bear with me. I think the rear dynaudio speakers need to be a pushed a bit louder... a bit more oomph... they seem like mere afterthoughts... Is it advisable to grab another amp to run just the 4 speakers in the back and let the OEM blau amp run the 4 in the...
  19. stuck24

mk6 shake vs mk5

hey all.... came from mk5 GTI 2007. The motor would be pretty smooth at idle...no vibe or obvious shake. my mk6, on the other hand, really likes to shake a bit at idle when stopped at a light. Any other ex Mk5'ers care to chime in and agree/???? Makes me think the mounts are a little...
  20. stuck24

Contisportcontact 2 Summer tires

hey all: got my 2010 last week and to my surprise.... they had Contisportcontact 2 mounted on the 18's... I am curious to know how many others of you had these tires on your cars. Seems like more than 70% of US GTIs came with all-seasons. My old Mk5 came with trusty old B'Stone RE050s and...