GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. gunmetal5

Replacing 2 out of 4 tires

My driving style is aggressive around turns and medium on straight away. One of my tires blew on my enkei rims and I will be replacing 2 tires. What should I replace it with? I want to do Star Specs again because I really liked the tires but Tire Rack is the only place that carries them. I've...
  2. gunmetal5

2010 CW 3 door GTI - 33k miles - SoCal - clean title

2010 CW GTI - 3 door - 33,200 miles - $19,500 with 18" VW premium rims - $20,500 with aftermarket rims - $21,000 for both sets I live in Corona and work in La Habra/Fullerton - so I'm willing to show the cars in these areas. Clean Title - No accidents, fender benders, love taps, or even door...
  3. gunmetal5

Quick question- brake wear sensors

I'm changing my brakes from stock pads to hawk hp+. The front pads have wear sensors. I know only one side has the sensor. What do I do with the other sensor cable? Do I cut it off or pull it off? I'm doing my brakes right now, so any help would be great!
  4. gunmetal5

speedbleeders size?

Hi, I'm looking to purchasing speedbleeders and I wanted to know if anyone knows which size? I called the company and they told me the SB1010 will fit, but I wanted know if anyone has installed it. I know the install is quick and painless. I also know there are alternatives out there...
  5. gunmetal5

Track wheels plus tire combo

Hi guys, I'm looking to a good set of dedicated track rims plus tires to go with them. I saw oz alleggerita on tire rack. The seem very performance oriented but like of pricey. Which rims should I look into? I would like to get a set of used rims but I'm not sure what to look for as far as...
  6. gunmetal5

Clutch fluid flush + torque wrench

Ok so I'm not sure if this is posted on the right section on our wonderful forum. Some info: I'm going to go to track events probably every other month. Just got back from one a few weeks ago and have not done the post maintenance on my car yet. I'm looking to do a brake fluid flush and I'm...
  7. gunmetal5

Looking for UT members help

Hi Guys, I'm looking to sell my GTi and get a S2000. I'm located in Los Angeles, CA. I've extended my searching distance to 500 miles from home in LA. I was wondering if there are any helpful GTI members who would be willing to spare 20 minutes of their day to check out a S2000 located at...
  8. gunmetal5

Tracking the GTi

hey guys, I signed up for a track day at willow springs. this is my first personal car track day, what should I do to my car prior? Like should I tape up my whole front bumper or just the headlights and tail lights? My friend asked about getting track insurance, is that really needed? I'm...
  9. gunmetal5

Tratior...?

I might be trading my car in for another s2000. I love my Gti bc it's a great overall car with top cabin tech. But the s2000 is a diff car with other awesomeness. Any other previous or current s2000 peers feel the same way?
  10. gunmetal5

Dealship oil changes- what type?

I got a letter in the mail from VW maintenance that said I could upgrade my "free" oil changes to synthec oil changes for $60 or $70 bucks. What type of oil does the dealership put in right now? which brand and weight, etc. I'm kinda low and I need to top off too.
  11. gunmetal5

front bumper and headlight removal guide

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage done to your car if you have followed MY guide. I broke a few minor clips on my car while doing this, so dont hold me responsible for any mistakes made. Note: Keep track of which screw belongs where because the screw threads are not all the same...
  12. gunmetal5

Spyder headlights + hid = no more front windshield wiper

I installed the spyder headlights this morning witha set of 35w hid. I was looking up headlights for my Sis a3 and read that hid made some ppl windshield wipers not work. Well this happened to me. Any one have this problem?? Any resolutions?
  13. gunmetal5

DSLR Filters

I'm calling out all the photography people on this forum. I picked up a Micro4/3 camera at the end of December, and I love it. its the panasonic gf-1 its great. I have the 20mm pancake lens so its pretty compact and it takes amazing pictures. I'm looking to purchase a good filter, so I do not...
  14. gunmetal5

iPhone - fun navi app

Hi guys and gals, I found this navi app called waze which I know is for iPhones but maybe also cross platform free navi app. It's called WAZE. It's a social navi app with leveling rpg leveling abilities. It's free and it seems pretty promising. Ive joined group called Gti waze. You can play PAC...
  15. gunmetal5

Non Dynoaudio Sub setup

Hi Everyone! I've done some research but I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject so please dont be to rough. I have a non dynoaudio 2010 3 door GTI and I would like to setup a Uber-Stealth subwoofer to my stock RCD510. -Enclosure: Urber-Stealth - REAR DRIVER'S SIDE CUBBY -MOUNTED SUB -SUB...
  16. gunmetal5

Installing hid kit

Has any one install aftermarket hid kit into their halogen headlight gti? I purchased a kit, got the parts and now am stumped on what to do. Lol I saw a video on YouTube but wanted to see if any of my fellow forum members have done it yet. If so can I get some helpful tips. Please only...
  17. gunmetal5

My sis asked me a question

My sis asked me to leave out car washing materials and and I emailed thisro her: 1 *waterdown you entire car for about 5-10 min. This will help breakdown the hard to get off dirt/bird poop/etc.* 2 *For soap use the white bucket. Fill up the white bucket 1/2the pour in about two capfull of soap...
  18. gunmetal5

headlight restoration

I'm looking for a product that will help me restore my moms 03 mb headlights. I went to autozone and I was about to purchase a restoration kit, and the guy at the counter told me not to buy it bc it doesnt work. I do not have a buffer, but I do have a cordless drill that I could use. i've seen...
  19. gunmetal5

Cobra microfiber

I thought I'd get the detailing forum rolling again. I got my products that I ordered from autogeek the other day. I ordered 2 cobra weaved Mf towels for drying, the Cali water blade for drying, klasse aio & sealant, nvrdull, and misc free samples. I washed my car this weekend, omg I been...
  20. gunmetal5

Tint

I know people put up pics of their cars tinted but ppl do not really specify what kind of tint( ceramic metallic or other) And brand. I wanted to Find out what people where using on their cars. I'm looking at llumar atr right now. But have done this yet.