GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

DSG Reset Procedure?

I know this can be done with a VAG COM which I don't have but wanted to know if anyone had done the following to reset a DSG to factory shift points. 1 Put your key in the ignition and turn ignition to the on position (don't start the engine!) 2 Hold down the gas pedal pressing the button...
  2. R

K04 runs like poop

Just had a APR K04 done with flash at a local shop and the end result is a car that is hardly drivable. Basically whenever the car is put under load or WOT the car basically misfires and falls on its face. I have been running with a Stage 2 tune for some time and never had an issue up to now...
  3. R

WTB K04 and / or Intercooler

Feeling spendy and are looking for a K04 and Intercooler for the GTI.
  4. R

WTB: MK6 Intake

Looking to buy an APR intake for MK6 GTI. Ideally looking for a complete APR with stage 2 upper pipe but will consider other brands. PM me if you are selling. Thanks -Ronan
  5. R

Looking for Intake

I have a 2010 GTI w APR Down-pipe and Stg 2 ECU. I know its backwards but now looking to buy an intake either new or used. Is APR worth it and still considered one of the better ones. 500$ seems a bit pricey are there other options? Thanks Ronan
  6. R

VAG-COM Which to Buy

There ate several VAG-COM devices on Ebay for about 40 bucks or I could buy this one from the link below for $250.00 Could anyone explain to me why I should buy directly from ross-tech? http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCuCAN&Category_Code=VAGCOM
  7. R

Exhaust Paste

I have a small exhaust leak and wanted to know of anyone could suggest a exhaust paste.
  8. R

APR Stage 2 Concerns after Re-flash

Had a Stage 2 APR re-flash done with a DP w /o cat back and now the car just runs ok. I did loose a bit of low end torque but at times it seem like it has no pull especially after the car heats up. The intake is still stock and the car does seem like its running a bit rich after the re-flash...
  9. R

AWE Pancake Pipe

Has anyone just bought the pancake pipe as a option by itself and seen gains?
  10. R

No Carbonio for me today

I heard today that the APR Carbonio intake is backordered 5 -6 weeks. Sucks just when I was feeling spendy. Go the DP instead.
  11. R

APR Stage 1 Highway

Hey have a small issue right around 70 MPH if I gun it the car falls right on its face and starts to sputter then will start to accelerate. Once it actually tossed a CEL blinked a few times and stopped. I usually run the 91 octane program with 92 octane in the tank. Pretty frustrating.
  12. R

GTI Owners Code

I have had mine for about 2 months and really like it. I just don't get why other GTI owners keep waving at me. When I drove a Civic the gesturer was a little different. (actually its pretty cool and I wave back). "Another reason to love the GTI"
  13. R

Ordering Billy Boat DP on Monday

Honestly the DP looks nice and at about 150 less than everyone else it seems like a no brainer. Anyone have a different opinion on the Billy Boat product or a reason as to why I should look at some of the other vendors in the marketplace?
  14. R

Powder Coating Stock Rims

Anyone ever consider getting the stock Detroits powdered coated. I like the stock wheels but I'm just ok with the machined look.
  15. R

Car Wash Alignment Issues

Went to the wash and now my GTI pulls to the right. I dont recall hitting a pothole or a big bump but did go to the car wash and now the car has a nasty pull. Has this happened to anyone else. VW wants 150 to repair it.