GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Zoomer7

DSG automatically upshifts in "manual" mode

Still fairly new to DSG and my car in general.. Sometimes while whipping through the mountains I'd rather the tranny stay in 2nd and bounce off the redline like a traditional manual for a second rather than upshift automatically. It's not just me is it?
  2. Zoomer7

FS: Volkswagen Racing (VWR) Big Brake Kit

*****KEEPING VMR BBK***** SPM Alcon Kit did not fit without spacers, so I'm taking a different route with the VMR's (raise coilovers, camber plates) live peacefully together with my beloved BBS CH-R's :) Selling my beloved VWR BBK after finding out they don't fit my wider-than-stock (7.5" vs...
  3. Zoomer7

OEM LED rear light fitment issues?

The quality is outstanding, but I'm not having the "perfect fitment" I was expecting even after some tweaking. Is it normal to have this gap on both sides? Am I just being too anal? :laugh: LOVE the new look. I TOTALLY turn my nose up at golfs without LED lights now lol :p (kidding)
  4. Zoomer7

Zoomer7's subtle (maybe for now) GTI build

Hi all, Picked up my 4-door GTI DSG Autobahn a few months ago and LOVING this car. It's the perfect combination of speed, maturity, practicality, and price. I went on a long 5yr save-money hiatus with a Scion xB, so it's good to be back in the go-fast world. My aim is a "grown-up" subtle look...
  5. Zoomer7

Drive around after OEM LED taillight install??

I'm about to purchase some OEM LEDs taillights for my GTI, yet I read that after install they "require coding changes, must use VCDS programing software" How wacked out are the lights going to be (non-fog)? Do I need to drive to a mechanic/dealership for the coding changes? I'm sure this...
  6. Zoomer7

APR Stage 1+ intake/ecu/catback common?

Hey fellas, I finally got a nice whip. Now I need to make the proper upgrades while holding on to the warranty. My question is, I usually see people go a modest stage 1 (just ECU), or Stage 2 and up (full exhaust/downpipe).. what about just intake, cat-back, ecu? I know I'll be tempted to drop...