GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Cooktenstein

95,000 miles on FK Konigsports

Like the title says....I have 95,000 miles on my FK's. Not too bad except they have lost their vigor. My tires scrape now when turning into a moderate drive and never before. More roll than i remember too. My question, gentlemen, When should i look at replacing shocks. Anyone rebuilt...
  2. Cooktenstein

DXD Stage II daily installed

I purchased DXD Stage II daily from APR and am getting it installed right now. I will edit this in a couple weeks after it is broke in. My stock clutch started slipping about 20k after i went Stage I. Wish me luck!!
  3. Cooktenstein

Centerbore

Will a centerbore of 66.6 work?
  4. Cooktenstein

Added Replacement Components, amp, and sub

So, I replaced my components for Jl audio c2-650 front and rear, added an Audison SR4 4 channel amp, and Jl W3v3 8 inch micro sub. The sub is just sitting in my hatch at the moment. I need to come up with a place to put it. Suggestions would be appreciated. It sounds great. There is no...
  5. Cooktenstein

JL audioo as replacement component.....

Anyone have any experience with JL audio C2 650? Got a quote of $798 for installl on these and i have no clue about them. Looks to me that they are just above bottom of the heap in the JL lineup. I was going to buy VMR 710's, but i cant take this shitty system on more day. Im definitely...
  6. Cooktenstein

Jeremy Clarkson reviewing MK6 Jetta in 30 seg.

I hate hatchbacks normaly, but the GTI is so good for the money that i am able to overlook it. Hahah, I hate that the GLI is getting such shitty reviews because i was hoping that it would be the answer to my problem. Don't get me wrong. I love my car, but if i could get the same build...
  7. Cooktenstein

3sdm wheels anyone?

Just saw this on Vortex. Its a few months old, but just wanted to get you guys thoughts on these. Looks like an et42 on an 18x8.5. Might be too much poke for my taste, but that white and polished one is the tits. 18x8.0 et 42 would be perfect. Sorry i forgot the link...
  8. Cooktenstein

Raderwerks......good?

http://www.raderwerks.com/product/royal What other wheel company would raderwerks be compared to? Are these wheels overpriced, or are they worth 3k?
  9. Cooktenstein

Anyone </=24'' FTG on 19's?

I have been debating this for quite some time now. I've seen pics of our cars on air w/ 19's, but not sure i've seen a gti on coils semi low on 19's. Post your pics if you have them. I just got a insanely fast speeding ticket so performance degradation is of no consequence because i drive like...
  10. Cooktenstein

Those with staggered setups

Hey guys, wondering how those of you with staggered wheel setups rotate your tires? Do you just do side to side or get the tire removed from the wheels every 5000 miles?
  11. Cooktenstein

Need unbiased opinion please.

So for a few months now, i have been thinking that my car looks like it has some reverse rake. What do you guys think? Should i go lower with my front? In certain pics and angles it looks fine, but others it seems like maybe my back is lower than the front. Thanks in advance and any...
  12. Cooktenstein

The Picture Game

13. Cooktenstein

Anyone seen/rocking Enkei RP-03 on mk6?

http://www.enkei.com/rp03.html#
  14. Cooktenstein

Will it blend?

[/IMG] [/IMG] 19x8.5 with an et. 35. I have seen this on ecs website, but the car was bagged and i dunno what else it had done to it. ie. fenders pulled ect. My question to you very knowledgeable gentlemen is........will this wheel fit my car. The picture is not the best and excuse the...
  15. Cooktenstein

12v power outlet splitter

Which, if any, 12v power outlet splitters are you guys using? Im getting tired of having just the one in front. Thanks in advance.
  16. Cooktenstein

Will installing coilovers effect handling negatively?

I am three days away from being able to order coilovers. My question is, will installing coilovers effect the already good stock handling of my car negatively? I am looking at FK highsports. I would appreciate any feedback from those of you who have experience with this coilover specifically...
  17. Cooktenstein

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

2011 cw 2dr manual w/sunroof Hi all! So, i am a student studying to be a respiratory therapist and graduate next spring. Anyway, I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now and i am finally getting a chance to post. I just picked up my 2011 cw 2dr manual w/sunroof today and...