GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I'm excited. They aren't the same ones I've linked before, but a really similar design. Perfect specs though. I think I'm gonna cheap out and just use the tires on my oem wheels. They're quiet, no road noise, and I've never lost any traction with them so I can't complain.

No spare tire in the R though, so I'll probably go for that at some point this year. https://www.shopdap.com/golf-r-spare-tire-kit-mk7-mk75.html
There's a kit for it why the hell didn't we get it?!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
lol y'all with your short commutes.... 48 minutes on a good day. been almost 10 years of that.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
My family is from Illinois, my dad is buried up there, girlfriend is from Illinois and has family up there. Am I close enough to being an honorary local? lol
We're going to need a pic of you with a shoe on your head holding keyfob and forum name written on a piece of paper before anyone believes you aren't boosted.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
ABCC north looks fun, full track is a lot to take in.

It has it's own rhythm to it and is very different from South. Most people don't like North. It's alright IMO but it definitely feels short.

Are you going to be on that racing team again next year as a driver?

That's being worked out over the coming weeks/months. The team pulled a switcheroo in the 11th hour due to a bunch of political BS with the series we ran with in 2019, and changed series for 2020, completely upending the schedule and the team direction. This will undoubtedly also increase costs as the cars will now be getting upgrades to be competitive in the new series - but so far team management has dodged the question "How much per event?" My two other regular co-drivers are both fearing the worst - costs already went up before the series change.

Challenge for me is that both sponsors I had lined up are significantly less interested in the new series, and I really needed them both on board to cover my costs. Hagerty didn't really like the positioning of the new series (they wanted something with a bigger "grassroots" field) and Conti wanted to see us winning overall races, not just class wins (which, with much bigger hardware in the field in the new series like last year's IMSA GTD cars, etc. - overall win is out of the picture for us. There's only so much you can squeeze out of a Boxster no matter how hotrod it is.)

So since I'll be on my own dime, I may do a single event or two depending on how my annual bonus fares (and how much of that bonus is left over after a bathroom remodel) but as it stands right now, the full-season that was looking very positive for next season likely isn't going to happen. Between work, home life, preparing to move, etc. I just don't have the spare time to really throw at launching a full-scale offensive on digging up new sponsorship that will generate a meaningful income to cover it all.

@ Omni - what do you recommend for a decent watch winder ? - I was looking around a little bit and most of them seem to be significantly more than my watch cost.

I have two - a single Orbita (which the wife got me a few years ago when I only had 1 automatic watch) and then a dual-winder by Chiyoda this Christmas. The Orbita was ridiculously expensive for what it is but my wife wanted to get me a "nice" one. The Chiyoda was a lot less $$$ and sitting on the dresser next to the Oribita, it looks just as nice and actually has more features (easier to adjust how many winds per day you get, etc.)

Honestly I never really did any research into "nice" watch winders. I just told the wife I wanted/needed one, and figured the $20 ones on Amazon would be good enough as I expected them to sit in a dark closet most of the time. She went above and beyond on them. Both are nice enough they look good sitting out on display in the bedroom.

lol y'all with your short commutes.... 48 minutes on a good day. been almost 10 years of that.

I'd kill for a 48 minute commute. Just under an hour again today (~58 minutes) and it's so fast to me it's a novelty.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
We're going to need a pic of you with a shoe on your head holding keyfob and forum name written on a piece of paper before anyone believes you aren't boosted.

Seconded.

Granted I haven't seen a lot of Boosted shenanigans lately.... but then again our standards have gone WAY WAY down since Boblob's departure and Boosted no longer going by "Tuna". #timestheyarechanging

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'd kill for a 48 minute commute. Just under an hour again today (~58 minutes) and it's so fast to me it's a novelty.

if i worked normie hours i'd be closer to 60-70 minute commute. since i work 7a-7p, i miss the congested roadways so the commute is at 74mph most of the highway miles.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i mean he's got 2 build threads on here, that would take a lot of extra effort to maintain two accounts for trolling purposes.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Is that 5 days or 7? After holiday OT money is nice.
Good point is good^
Dude yes, very very nice congrats
5 days, Monday-Friday
Thats not too bad, are you hourly?
I'm excited. They aren't the same ones I've linked before, but a really similar design. Perfect specs though. I think I'm gonna cheap out and just use the tires on my oem wheels. They're quiet, no road noise, and I've never lost any traction with them so I can't complain.

No spare tire in the R though, so I'll probably go for that at some point this year. https://www.shopdap.com/golf-r-spare-tire-kit-mk7-mk75.html
There's a kit for it why the hell didn't we get it?!
oh wow yeah i dig it

Same here.
1.3 mile, ~5 minute commute.
The car doesn't even get warm
how often do you give it an italian tune up though? pretty important to get the car hot

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
It has it's own rhythm to it and is very different from South. Most people don't like North. It's alright IMO but it definitely feels short.

Honestly I never really did any research into "nice" watch winders. I just told the wife I wanted/needed one, and figured the $20 ones on Amazon would be good enough as I expected them to sit in a dark closet most of the time. She went above and beyond on them. Both are nice enough they look good sitting out on display in the bedroom.

South track looks much more fun, i really enjoy ABCC but its very easy to get spoiled with the track width and run offs.

I actually had never heard of a watch winder until you mentioned it, interesting. I dont have enough watches in my collection for one at this time. Tag Heuer has a nice f1 watch i saw recently, would be nice but a bit outside of what i feel comfortable spending.

Anything over 45 mins on a commute gets a bit tiresome.... apparently some people get so bored on their commutes they take it upon themselves to read the newspaper. lol

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Knife chat

Apparently a 5.5” blade is legal to carry anywhere in Texas. What are my folding options?