GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clear bra for GTI mk6, any out there?

super steve

Ready to race!
What are your experience with clear bras, and do you plan to get them?
I cant seem to find any for mk6 on ebay right now tho.

zee

Go Kart Champion
Get it...I initially skipped out on it at the dealer and got a sizable stone chip on my hood within 24 hours of owning my GTI...thanks to Hwy 401. It ripped out the red paint all the way to the white underneath...and I did not even hear it happen. I had to use touch up paint and then stone guard over it. The stone chip area is still slightly visible and hurts my pride.

You should be looking at about C$500 for the bumper and about C$450 for the part of hood and fenders. Mirror caps are about C$75 for the set.

I compared my dealership prices with Thornhill Tints and Audio Heaven who were highly recommended by Canadians in golfmk5.com

My dealers uses 3M.
Thornhill Tints uses Stone Guard ®.
Audio Heaven Inc uses Vetureshield.

From what I read, Stone Guard is the best product and is the least visible...but they all looked similar to me.

A clear bra might not look nice, but it can be removed anytime to reveal a shinny paint free of stone chips.

zee

Go Kart Champion
man, I've never seen it applied in person.
Is it that noticable?

5-7feet away from the car and it can't be seen. Unless you spend alot to cover the whole hood...then it will unnoticable.

I got about 15" on my hood, fenders...and mirror caps. Once fully cured, it is not really noticable....at least on my Tornado Red.