GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Desperate Need For A Smoke Machine In The East Coast, Canada Wildfires Don't Suffice Anymore

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Second opinion gtifan?
Ask in hvac forums...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Damn dude. I don't know anything about HVAC but that seems high to me

Second opinion gtifan?
Ask in hvac forums...
You know the guy I was talking about that had an STX prepped Tacoma? Well he and his wife run an AC business in GA and they did my last AC when we sold our rental house up there back in 2019, so I trust them.

I went through the high low readings with them, they immediately said if it's a carrier, it's the coils, and at 12 years old, not worth replacing, because it's a $4k job. If the compressor goes in a year, you might as well have just replaced it.

And they said avoid the 2 stage Lenox system. They're super unreliable. They said get the cheap Goodman, all the AC company's use the exact same components. The difference is all down to install and how much warranty you want.

So I feel better about it. I'll just suck it up and shell out the $10k, plus the roof. There goes my modding and vacation funds for the year, but hey being an adult home owner is fun.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
If it makes you feel better, my wife decided she wanted to go back to school, so we're moving to Ann Arbor and spending an obsene amount for school plus living costs. Average 2k-3k monthly rents?? That's like 3X my mortgage currently.
Yeah, that does suck, I won't have to take on debt, just ruins our plans for the rest of the year.

All cozy in our bed, got our portable ac that we bought for hurricane season cranked up.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
So I feel better about it. I'll just suck it up and shell out the $10k, plus the roof. There goes my modding and vacation funds for the year, but hey being an adult home owner is fun.
Fuck me dude. Not ready for this homeowner shit.
10k is more than both my car's value.
... b b b b b b b b r r r r r r u u u u u u h
All jokes aside, I dream of building my house one day with some friends. Learn most of the skills necessary and outsource when something's out of my league. Two brothers did it on one of the streets next to me. Not only is it a sick house, I can only imagine how fulfilling it must have been. I also like the idea of being in control when doing something (I don't cut corners).
If it makes you feel better, my wife decided she wanted to go back to school, so we're moving to Ann Arbor and spending an obsene amount for school plus living costs. Average 2k-3k monthly rents?? That's like 3X my mortgage currently.
So you're paying for most of it right? if so, bruh.
Is the degree going to be a proper long term investment? Meaning, will she be making good cheddar after getting the piece of paper?

With most of my life ahead of me, I'm trying to pick up on things from others older than me. So I got a question. Separate bank accounts between me and future Mrs.Aspro forever?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Fuck me dude. Not ready for this homeowner shit.
10k is more than both my car's value.
... b b b b b b b b r r r r r r u u u u u u h
All jokes aside, I dream of building my house one day with some friends. Learn most of the skills necessary and outsource when something's out of my league. Two brothers did it on one of the streets next to me. Not only is it a sick house, I can only imagine how fulfilling it must have been. I also like the idea of being in control when doing something (I don't cut corners).

So you're paying for most of it right? if so, bruh.
Is the degree going to be a proper long term investment? Meaning, will she be making good cheddar after getting the piece of paper?

With most of my life ahead of me, I'm trying to pick up on things from others older than me. So I got a question. Separate bank accounts between me and future Mrs.Aspro forever?
Dude, the roof is $18k.

Last edited:

Corprin

Autocross Champion
fuck me is the learning curve on diy tuning is steep. I have a Mine’s ROM in the wings I might just toss on and run 93 octane E10 and say fuck the DIY route.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
The tiguan does the light duty stuff, but is mainly a glorified minivan. If I has anything more serious than that, I bust out this guy.
'79 Jeep Cherokee Chief wide track.
20180812_172215.jpg
20180812_172148.jpg

Corprin

Autocross Champion