GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Rice Buys A Minivan

cb1111

I’m two generations behind. TF “based” mean?
It is a air force military term. I'll give you an example:

"I'm based at whatever the new name of this air force base is. I used to be based at Thule, now I'm based at Pituffik and I never moved. No cap"

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Manuals are superior to all other transmissions!!

Based

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
This memes giving a whole ass vibe
1715176246111.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
bet

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I run a generic brand I got off eBay. Never needed to change the insert went with the smallest I think and didn’t have issues.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
You are (we are?) showing our age......
I was expecting you to use Abner Doubleday in your answer. :)

Quick Google of my factoid because I wasn't sure it seems like Pluto being a this is also a lie. Thx Obarna

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Which O2 spacers do you guys use?
Are the ones with different inserts to adjust the airflow worth it or snake oil?
I went Vibrant J spacer and bought inserts, medium insert made my CEL go away. I think it's better to have the inserts as an option, the logic is that I can reuse the spacer later on something if necessary. Actually, I should pick up a couple more just for a backup.

e: also have some halfway decent snap ring pliers, the internal snap rings are a turd. HF Quinn brand snap ring pliers worked well for me, the cheapie ones did not do anything well

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Which O2 spacers do you guys use?
Are the ones with different inserts to adjust the airflow worth it or snake oil?

It works great for me. I tried the smallest insert first and got a CEL, but the medium has worked fine for the last three years. I bought mine off eBay, btw.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Why not get the proper tune that removes the cel? Spacers shouldn't be left on long term, it'll foul out your O2 sensor over time. Put them on to pass emissions and remove it after.
Can't tune out P0420 anymore with Cobb cuz EPA are losers and cracked down on em.
P0420 is catless code, it's harmless. Spacer can make it go away.
The other codes, I was getting because of a shitty spacer. It finally came out today, had to use a ton of heat, and hammer the wrench to get it to budge.