GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 golf 18x9.5

Grason_Thomas

I am thinking about putting 18x9.5 with 30et on my mk6 golf 2.5l, with 225/40 tires. Can anyone let me know if they will fit, have pictures, anything.

torga

Autocross Champion
You'll need rolled fenders, loads of negative camber, and very stretched tires. Unless you're wanting the hellaflush/onicamber look, these will not fit.

I used to have a staggered setup inherited from a previous owner, with 18x9.5 +35 with 235/40 in the rear. Rear camber was about 5°. They barely fit and I hated it. Here's a pic.
MVIMG_20190530_165351.jpg

Thumper

Autocross Champion
You'll need rolled fenders, loads of negative camber, and very stretched tires. Unless you're wanting the hellaflush/onicamber look, these will not fit.

I used to have a staggered setup inherited from a previous owner, with 18x9.5 +35 with 235/40 in the rear. Rear camber was about 5°. They barely fit and I hated it. Here's a pic.
View attachment 201436

OMG yeah that looks terrible. Never understood the "stretch" crowd. I mean, we're all enthusiasts and all but it just looks like A) You're stuff is broken, B) You don't know how to buy the right size, or C) Both. LOL

torga

Autocross Champion
OMG yeah that looks terrible. Never understood the "stretch" crowd. I mean, we're all enthusiasts and all but it just looks like A) You're stuff is broken, B) You don't know how to buy the right size, or C) Both. LOL
Beyond just straight up looking awful, this was the one that bothered me the most, especially the difference in camber between front and rear. I actually had some older dudes ask if I was aware there was something broken in my suspension.

Had some priorities to purchase first, but I am SO glad I got rid of that setup.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Beyond just straight up looking awful, this was the one that bothered me the most, especially the difference in camber between front and rear. I actually had some older dudes ask if I was aware there was something broken in my suspension.

Had some priorities to purchase first, but I am SO glad I got rid of that setup.
#stance #h20