GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should i tune my stock mk6 R?

GolfRfrontend

Go Kart Newbie
My honest opinion about tunes is stage 1 is fine, but when you start changing hardware and upgrade stages..you’re asking for future problems. You obviously don’t understand what tunes are, because you don’t need to upgrade your HPFP nor the Intercooler. Intercooler don’t add horsepower.. I’m tired of all you guys modifying your cars with trash performance parts like eBay down pipes, intakes and exhaust and using fake tuners files.then getting on these forums complaining why I have boost leaks.. ??and you take peoples suggestions I.e change spark plugs, coils HPFP.

My opinion is if you decide to tune. Use a known tune company like APR, racingline or IE.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
My honest opinion about tunes is stage 1 is fine, but when you start changing hardware and upgrade stages..you’re asking for future problems. You obviously don’t understand what tunes are, because you don’t need to upgrade your HPFP nor the Intercooler. Intercooler don’t add horsepower.. I’m tired of all you guys modifying your cars with trash performance parts like eBay down pipes, intakes and exhaust and using fake tuners files.then getting on these forums complaining why I have boost leaks.. ??and you take peoples suggestions I.e change spark plugs, coils HPFP.

My opinion is if you decide to tune. Use a known tune company like APR, racingline or IE.
Unitronic is a great tune company also!

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie
Best bang for the buck is just put a Stage 1 tune on the car. It adds a nice increase in power. Since you are DSG I would also add a TCU tune as it allows you to select gears manually when you
What are you guys paying for the TCU tune, around 5ish? That is next on my list

TroyBoy

Go Kart Newbie

Intercooler is not required for Stage 1, but anything beyond I think it is a good idea. To your point is it truly required? Nah...but all depends on the mod roadmap
LOL Ebay parts. Great point as well as they say..you have to pay to play! No fake tunes! :)

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Intercooler is not required for Stage 1, but anything beyond I think it is a good idea. To your point is it truly required? Nah...but all depends on the mod roadmap
LOL Ebay parts. Great point as well as they say..you have to pay to play! No fake tunes! :)
An intercooler makes a nice difference with stage 1 too, even if it's not strictly required. Boost will hold better at higher rpm with less tapering off