GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

unsure what is supposed to be connected here - 2012 GTI

mrclean409

Hi all, This may be a very ignorant question ( I am just an old Haynes book mechanic). I have a 2012 GTI Autobahn that I bought from my son because he said it was unreliable and wanted something newer. I tend to think it needed some love, So I fixed some of the issues, like the hose connectors to heater core were broken, I replaced those and the hoses, PCV valve. While in there I noticed these two that looked like something was supposed to be connected to it. My son bought it used, and I can tell someone had done some things to it and attempted to restore to sell. These are located to the right of the intake manifold under the fuel line. I have ordered some air intake parts because some are missing as well. I am trying to fix it all since it is stored and has become a project car and would like to use as daily driver, any help would be great, new to VW repairs. Thanks for any help.

unkown.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
There are some ports that are not used. Stick your finger or a pick in it and see if it’s blocked off.

mrclean409

There are some ports that are not used. Stick your finger or a pick in it and see if it’s blocked off.
Thanks, Sorrry for late reply . The GTI had to wait for boat repair. Back at it again. Yes I think these are extra ports that don't go anywhere. Working on replacing the intake manifold now. That bracket is a pain.