VW Maintenance Schedule (As Requested)

JCS-2.0T

Ready to race!
Dealership average profit margins:
New cars: 4-5%
Used cars: 8-10%
Parts: 30-35%
Service labour: 40-45%

There is a reason they want you coming in so often for "service".

As Vancity said, do your oil regularly, other fluids occasionally. These cars are not that picky. Just stay on top of the regular stuff and for god sakes, find an independent vdub shop if you cant do it yourself. There are lots of good ones around and they don't have the ridiculous overheads that a dealership has to cover, which means savings get passed on to you. Save the dealership visits for warranty work.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion

As Vancity said, do your oil regularly, other fluids occasionally. These cars are not that picky. Just stay on top of the regular stuff and for god sakes, find an independent vdub shop if you cant do it yourself. There are lots of good ones around and they don't have the ridiculous overheads that a dealership has to cover, which means savings get passed on to you. Save the dealership visits for warranty work.

Good info, thanks for sharing.

I actually went to the dealer the other day to get a price for the 30k service. They wanted 300 plus tax. I walked out with about 75 dollars in parts and didn't have to worry about some kid washing my car with a broom.

Sanjiyan

Passed Driver's Ed
about to hit 30k
Do oil and tires myself already
Worth it to spend 300 to get them to examine my brakes for damage?

Burn

Big thing I want to share with you guys as a former VW/Audi advisor and having services done elsewhere.

KEEP RECEIPTS. Please. This is gold for you, dealerships can make an on the spot determination of warranty coverage as related to proper maintenance performance. If you have had very single service done 'elsewhere', some dealerships can suggest since their record is blank (15, 30, 46, 60k) you have done, none.

So prove it. If you can prove it. It's all good. If not.... Ughh. Bend over.

If you do the oil changes and filters all yourself, take a bunch of pics, timestamp things.

Cover yourself.

B.

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone had JUST the DSG flush and filter done in the GTA? If so, what's that run?

Repooc

Ready to race!
Has anyone had JUST the DSG flush and filter done in the GTA? If so, what's that run?

+1, interested in finding this out too.

But from what little research I've done, so far, it's actually not a bad D.I.Y. Apparently, there's a "top fill method" that works just as well. And no overly special/expensive tools are required. All you have to do is buy the oil (about 6 bottles if I recall correctly)

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
+1, interested in finding this out too.

But from what little research I've done, so far, it's actually not a bad D.I.Y. Apparently, there's a "top fill method" that works just as well. And no overly special/expensive tools are required. All you have to do is buy the oil (about 6 bottles if I recall correctly)

I was thinking of doing it myself, but this was contingent upon knowing the cost for a dealer. I suspect rapage, but wanted to confirm.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, coming up on my 30,000km service as well. Hope it's not too hard on the wallet :S
VW = Audi service prices is what we are allll paying for...

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I got raped on the 60k, never again! DIY FTW. or find an independent shop that can do it cheaper.
avoid the stealership (DEALERSHIP) at ALL costs... they charge way too much.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

even with warranty work... they give run-around or say it's normal.... they try not to do it... I dislike dealerships overall. More like my wallet is the warranty nowadays... smh