GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP813

Ready to race!
Yep, saw that s5 they had in there with the separate sprayers in each part of the intake mani. It was pretty awesome LOL. How does that go with your tunes?

That S5 was stupid fast.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
It has its uses. More addictive than meth.

so i've heard.

I know some shops have installed it, but does anyone actually tune for it?

So what's everyone's opinion on the hybrid LOBA turbos?

HAHAHa, not installing NOS. I use to much w/m as it is.

so are you buying it by the 55gallon drum yet?

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
so i've heard.

I know some shops have installed it, but does anyone actually tune for it?

It would have to be a wet system since no-one tunes for is and make it rich just incase.

So what's everyone's opinion on the hybrid LOBA turbos?

To small, 400hp is not fast enough. But I was going to originally but no one would tune it a year and a half ago. Glad I chose the route I did.

so are you buying it by the 55gallon drum yet?

I try not to drive super lead footed so as of now 5gal lasts me about a month to a month and half. I usually buy 2-3 at a time so I don't have to make trips.

If a few of the guys were interested in getting meth from me I would consider a 55 and sell to the guys in my area. :) - EDIT - will definitely do this if I can get a few guys that say yes. I have two empty 5 gal pails currently and I would just refill for sale, keep your current pails or if you have rated jugs. $33 - 5 gal refill

Last edited:

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
To small, 400hp is not fast enough. But I was going to originally but no one would tune it a year and a half ago. Glad I chose the route I did.
that's my dilemma. I think i'd be content at the ~400hp mark. Mainly because i really don't want to spend an additional 7-10 grand to make maybe 100hp more with a built engine/stage 3+(or equivalent) kit.

and i love the car so it's not one of those "just sell it and get a better platform" situations

on the upside GIAC is tuning them now, on the downside I do enjoy APR, and my dealer is an APR vendor so there is less of a hassle there.

I try not to drive super lead footed so as of now 5gal lasts me about a month to a month and half. I usually buy 2-3 at a time so I don't have to make trips.

If a few of the guys were interested in getting meth from me I would consider a 55 and sell to the guys in my area. :) - EDIT - will definitely do this if I can get a few guys that say yes. I have two empty 5 gal pails currently and I would just refill for sale, keep your current pails or if you have rated jugs. $35 - 5 gal refill
that's a decent price, my connection is right around $40 and they haven't had any in stock lately. too bad you're a few hours away

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Loba turbo kits are silly they are expensive enough to where you could get a real BT instead.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
Loba turbo kits are silly they are expensive enough to where you could get a real BT instead.

i suppose you're right. The LO380 is around $2600USD, plus the cost of tune would put you over the 3k mark. But still $2300 less than Stage 3, granted they would probably make 10-30whp less i'd assume? i guess it depends on the curve too

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
yep, wallet crusher.

Apparently his wallet crushed so many people that it ran out of time to get xenons or LED tails..

On topic though, I'm pretty interested in this LOBA setup. I'm not interested in building my motor or roasting tire at 100mph, so I think it could be a good in between to the k04 and 3+. I wonder if it will make more than APR Stage 3? I don't think anyone is getting anymore than 360-370whp out of stage 3 are they?

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
I thought the Loba kits were right around $5k?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The hybrid stuff doesn't make much sense. K04's are restrictive in nature. Their manifolds are designed for a turbo not making more than 300 HP crank, but they are obviously capable of more. Jamming another turbo into it that's much larger and claiming over 450 HP just doesn't seem right. Acceleration times don't back that up either as their DSG accelerations times are nearly a second behind our customers 6MT tests (and we rate our power output lower). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.