GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Steve Petty Motorsports product info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
GLI exhaust, we hear you! Trust me...

Bowers - With that K04, I am not surprised haha....

Fabio - my man - No dust shield will be included

fabio1

Ready to race!
Jared, thanks. Then new rotors with a powerfull pads will be enought for a k04 or t3 turbo you are developing :)

thanks!

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
I asked this question a couple months ago and still wondering...any IAT and HP loss numbers for the V2 intercooler? Chomping at the bit for em to decide between SPM and APR. Purchasing one or the other late spring.

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
I asked this question a couple months ago and still wondering...any IAT and HP loss numbers for the V2 intercooler? Chomping at the bit for em to decide between SPM and APR. Purchasing one or the other late spring.

Sorry to say that we are behind schedule. We have definitely learned a valuable lesson about trying to complete too many projects at once!

We anticipate a late spring/early summer release, that will include data. Don't want to share any prelim data yet. That's all I can say for now.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
So we are still a couple of months away from v2 being released?

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Is there any info on what type discount/sale would be had, and what dates it would run, even just a rough idea, I'm trying to decide if its worth me waiting a little bit for a downpipe.

Can't release Sowo sale details just yet, PM coming your way.

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Question about the engine and transmission mounts... Are the bolts supplied with your mounts OEM length? Can I use OEM bolts when I need to replace them, or can I get a replacement set through you guys directly?

Absolutely thrilled with my mounts, btw :) - I'm having work done in a few weeks where both the engine and tranny are getting dropped, so I need new bolts for the whole kit!

TimT

Go Kart Champion
The bolts that support the engine are shorter than factory. If you use the original bolts you run the risk of bottoming them out and then stripping the thread on the alloy support bracket which is not ideal.

Tyler@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Thanks for the response Tim.

The bolts we supply with the mount kit are not 1-time use stretch bolts. They can be re-used once removed.

Knowing this; if you still feel comfortable using new hardware, let us know - we have plenty of extra fasteners in stock.

Great to hear you are enjoying the mounts so far!

timneedscoffee10

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the response Tim.

The bolts we supply with the mount kit are not 1-time use stretch bolts. They can be re-used once removed.

Knowing this; if you still feel comfortable using new hardware, let us know - we have plenty of extra fasteners in stock.

Great to hear you are enjoying the mounts so far!

Oh nice - that's fine by me then. Actually I saw last night that the shop doing the work for me - INA Engineering - is an SPM distributor, so I'm all set either way :)

fedcaper

Dear SPM:
I placed an Order on March 28th for a MK5 down pipe, street edition. I got the pipe, although without the cat. When can I expect the cat to be sent to me? 14 days so far waiting...

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Where did you go?

Am I the only one who noticed that the SPM threads in the vendor market area are all closed? :iono:

Status
Not open for further replies.