GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I bought in late MY2010 so pickings were slim. SB was a late in the MY option so at the time, a rare colour. It had the autobahn package and looked so darn good I went for it. I still wish it were black today and will for sure get black the next time.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Staging

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.
NOTE: This will not work for all clusters; newer model year cars will not guarantee this working as well as some members attempting this failed to get this working (even in MY2012 GTIs).

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 17-Instruments button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up -expand the drop-down menu.

Click on the drop-down menu and select Staging

Select Active on the drop-down menu under New Value. Press Do It and the settings should save. Close the program, remove cable and remove key from the car. Get out of the car and lock. Unlock and get back into the car and start up the car to see if the staging works.

NOTE: When opening the Staging menu, if active is not shown in the Stored Value box, chances are this will not work with your cluster. If I remember correctly, it will say something like Channel: Not valid or Not Active or something along the lines.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I bought in late MY2010 so pickings were slim. SB was a late in the MY option so at the time, a rare colour. It had the autobahn package and looked so darn good I went for it. I still wish it were black today and will for sure get black the next time.

Does it rain a lot in Seattle? if so, black isn't a great colour to get :p My car turns to Dusty/Dirty Carbon Steel Grey after a few days after washing :(

But it does look great when its nice and clean :)

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It rains often in Seattle but i had managed well for the past 13 years with having a black car. SB might as well be black given it shows the dirt just as easily.

But enough about me and my wants lol.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Emergency Brake Flashing via Brake Lights/Turn Signals Active

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Go to Byte 16 and check mark Bit 1 - Emergency Brake Flashing via Brake Lights Active
Also, check mark Bit 2 - Emergency Brake Flashing via Turn Signals Active if preferred as well

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Automatic Rear Window Wiping with Reverse Gear Disabled

How-To

Go to Byte 21 and uncheck mark Bit 6 - Automatic Rear Window Wiping with Reverse Gear Active to deactivate this option

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
DRL MFA Menu

How-To
WARNING: Please follow your state's, province's and/or country's regulations on DRLs. I do not condone disabling DRLs if the law states you must have them at all times on your vehicle.

Go to Byte 15 and check Bit 7 - Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) Adaptation active (MFA+)

You can now turn on/off your DRLs on the fly with the menu in the MFA. It should be under Lights/Vision sub-menu. Checkmarked means your DRLs are active; unmarked means your DRLs are inactive.
Please note, you cannot change this while the car is moving - please do not attempt to turn on/off DRLs while operating a moving vehicle.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Horn Confirmation when Locking MFA Menu
Thanks to veedoubleme at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=501016&postcount=9

How-To

Go to Byte 5 and uncheck Bit 2 - Horn Confirmation Adaptation Blocked (Adaptation Channel 010/011 & MFA+/FIS)

You can now turn on/off your horn confirmation when locking on the fly with the menu in the MFA. It should be under the Convenience sub-menu.
Checkmarked means your horn will beep when locking the doors; unmarked means your horn will not beep when locking the doors.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Fog Lights active with High Beams active

How-To
WARNING: Please follow your state's, province's and/or country's regulations on the maximum number of lights can be active at one time.

Go to Byte 14 and uncheck Bit 2 - Fog Lights inactive with High Beams active

Now you can use your high beams and fogs at the same time.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Comfort Closing/Opening via Remote Control

How-To

Go to Byte 3 and check Bit 5 - Comfort Operation via Remote Control Active

Checking Bit 0 - Comfort Opening for Sliding Roof Active will also open the moonroof while opening the windows via the remote fob. I did not activate this setting.
NOTE: This may not work. Apparently some update from the dealer that deals with the fan running after the car is shut off affects this coding. See http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5089855-Lost-remote-sunroof-control-on-Mk6 for more information.

Press and HOLD the lock button on your fob to close all the windows. HOLD until all windows are closed or until preferred height.
Press and HOLD the unlock button on your fob to open all the windows. HOLD until all windows are open or until preferred height.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Comfort Turning Signal

How-To

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

On the drop-down menu, select Comfort Turn Signals (Cycles)

Change to your preferred number of cycles/blinks (3 is default) using the Up and Dn buttons

Save your changes.

Depending on the model and/or year of your car, this will not work right away.
Go to your MFA menus, enter the LIGHTS/VISION menu and restore settings to factory. Attempt to use the comfort turn signal.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Steering Wheel Push-To-Talk Button

If you have a newer steering wheel with a Push-To-Talk (PTT) button on the bottom left of your steering wheel, you can change it to act as a mute button.

How-To

Click on the 19-Steering Wheel button

Click on the Long Coding Helper button

Go to Byte 1 and uncheck Bit 3 - Multi-Function-Steering-Wheel (MFSW) with Push-To-Talk (PPT) Button installed

The Push-To-Talk (PPT) button will now act as a mute button.

Last edited:

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Lol, thanks!

Hmm. I was looking at some t8 fixtures, but I'm a novice at electrical work. Might see if I can get some DIYs and try it out, but maybe I'll start with halogen lights first. I'm just afraid of the heat generated by them :(

And LOLs at the LED tails comment. You should grab the reps for your car. Like I said before, I'll come over some day (when it's nicer outside) and we can swap the tails into your car to see if you like 'em!

You can get plug in units as well.

Sounds good though... Cant wait for spring!