GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Awesome thread! All things vagcom in one place with easy instructions! This helps me a ton.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Warning Triangle & First Aid Kit
Thanks to Tim_S at http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5547007-Warning-Triangle

Parts Required

N 105 412 01 - White Plug
N 906 513 04 - Black Screw
1K6 860 266 D 9B9 - Strap/Bracket
000 093 057 - CORRECT Warning Triangle (Do not use 1Y0 093 055 as it is too narrow to fit); You can also use 8D9 860 251B (EOS Warning Triangle) as a replacement. They are both the same size, I believe.

Now, its up to you which first aid kit you want to use.
000 093 114 - Blue First Aid Kit (Correct one for Gofl/GTI)

3C0 093 108 - Red First Aid Kit (Passat kit for rear seat armrest)

They will both fit; I got the red one myself since I prefer the colour.

Instructions
Open your trunk and look on the left side. There will be a black plug; you will have to get this out.

IMPORTANT: Pull back your carpet and insert the white plug into the hole in the side of the trunk. Put back the carpet. If you put the white plug over the carpet, it will move around and not be sturdy. Putting it behind the carpet solves the problem.

Screw the bracket into the white plug in the correct orientation.

Put your warning triangle in and then strap in the first aid kit.

WILL POST PICTURES LATER

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Driver Seat Heating Memory Retention

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 08-Auto HVAC button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

In the drop-down menu, select Retention of driver's seat heater level

Select On and save your settings.

When turning back your car after leaving your heated seat on, it will retain that setting.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion

Just messing with my dad's video function of his Sony NEX-5. Nice little mirrorless DSLR. So much easier to lug that thing around than a small Canon 400D.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Finally finished installing the Aspherical Mirrors from the group buy http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28838. Thanks quickit!

Used a butter knife wrapped in a microfibre cloth and pryed open the mirror. Unfortunately, the passenger side mirror cracked when I tried to get that open, but the driver side was a lot more forgiving.

Used a flat-head screwdriver to slowly remove the leads for the heated mirrors and just popped back the mirrors into the housing.

Pretty easy, except for the cracking mirror :(

I didn't really pay attention before but, is it just me or is the passenger side mirror more recessed into the housing than the driver side?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Mirror Adjust Menu in MFA
For 2011s and up. Apparently 2010s will have this menu.

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Go to Byte 8 and check Bit 6 - Synchronized Mirror Adjustment

You will now have Mirror Adjust in your Convenience sub-menu. If you continue deeper into the menus, you will see Both and Individual, referring to adjusting your side mirrors simultaneously or one at a time depending on which side mirror you select.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Coming/Leaving Home Menu in MFA

How-To

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Go to Byte 12 and check Bit 2 - Coming-Home Mode (0 = Automatic / 1 = Manual)

Go to Byte 17 and check Bit 5 - Coming-Home (CH) Active and Bit 6 - Leaving-Home (CH) Active

You will have the Coming Home and Leaving Home menu in your MFA. If you go deeper into the menus, you can set the interval in +/- 10 sec to your preference.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Not really pictures of the GTI or anything, but I did do some car related things today. Went to the Canadian International Autoshow!

Saw a bunch of cool cars, but it was really busy today. Not really a good day to take good pictures :( I got fed up of people walking in front of cars as I'm trying to get pictures of. So instead of trying to get a full shot of a car, tried to do something more "artistic" of some sort. Of course, they did pay for entrance as well so they have all the right to do what they please when they come here, but c'mon. You see a guy trying to take a photo of a car, don't just walk in front of them!

Also got picked to test drive some Mercedes Benz vehicles around a little course at Ontario Place. It was a really small course, but it was a nice little experience. Unfortunately, not AMG vehicles though!

E-Class - Sweet car, nice power, but ABSOLUTELY HATE the shifter. It's like a Mini-Van shifter.

Smart ForTwo - Funny little car to drive around. The brakes were shot on that car though.

GLK - Great little SUV. I actually really liked it. Unfortunately, I got stuck behind the shuttlebus taking some people around for a little "test" drive around the course so I couldn't really push it too hard.

C-Class - What a disappointment. Slow and just... well, slow. Did not like at all.

Lexus LFA

Mazda Shinari Concept (SHARP LOOKING CAR)

BMW Vision Connected Concept

Acura NSX Concept

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hill Hold Control (HHC)

How-To

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

Click on the drop-down menu and select Hill Hold Control (HHC)

Change Hill Hold Control (HHC) to your preference.

NOTE: If you have disabled Hill Hold Control (HHC), you will not be able to enter these menus.

Last edited:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
I'm starting to get bored with my stock Denvers too. Nice pick-up:thumbsup:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I'm starting to get bored with my stock Denvers too. Nice pick-up:thumbsup:

Thanks!

Stock Denvers are cool, but they'll be my winter set-up for now. It's been really warm in the GTA so I'm anxious to get my winter tires off. How is it on the east coast?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

Stock Denvers are cool, but they'll be my winter set-up for now. It's been really warm in the GTA so I'm anxious to get my winter tires off. How is it on the east coast?

I was surprised by how much I liked the Denvers when I first picked up the car, but now I'm definitely leaning towards replacing them sooner rather than later.

Weather is ALLLLL over the place this year. Four days ago I washed my car outside in a t-shirt. Day and a half later we got 10-15cm of snow. Who the he11 knows what we'll get tomorrow...