GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
umm i have a 2012 too and looked under the passenger seat but i don't have the bluetooth module..but my bluetooth works too o_O

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Found these pictures lying around when I was cleaning out my photography folders. Nothing too special.

I'm glad the nice weather is coming out soon since night time pictures will be a bit easier to take - it was pretty damn cold when I took these several months ago.

jtown

Passed Driver's Ed
very nice! :thumbup:

NotMoneyGuy

Ready to race!
Subscribed! Great thread Mike, lots of effort put in. Car looking good.

Lip spoiler and tint coming for the summer?

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Thanks!

Thanks! I really like the lip spoiler and I'd rather have that than tints, to be honest. But we'll see if I get a nice tax rebate this year ;)

I don't really get all the hype over the oem lip. Unless you really look for it, I don't find it adds much to the car. If I were going to drop $300 on an oem, I'd just throw down a couple more bills and go for an Osir or Reiger lip kit myself...

Nice work getting a half decent pic of your led tails, little bastards to get a good clear pic of... .. .

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I don't really get all the hype over the oem lip. Unless you really look for it, I don't find it adds much to the car. If I were going to drop $300 on an oem, I'd just throw down a couple more bills and go for an Osir or Reiger lip kit myself...

Nice work getting a half decent pic of your led tails, little bastards to get a good clear pic of... .. .

I do agree it's quite the fair bit of a change for an OEM lip, but I'm not too sure why, but it adds a lot of character in the front. I'm not a huge fan of the Osir or Reiger lip, though.

And thanks! I'll try to get some nicer pics of the tails one day when it's nice outside. Freezing cold isn't really fun when you're messing around with settings on the camera, lols.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
Freezing cold isn't really fun when you're messing around with settings on the camera, lols.

You gotta love this transition period when one day its 20+ degrees and the next day it's barely above freezing :)

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Fogs as DRLs for Xenon-equipped Vehicles
Does not apply to vehicles with LED DRLs - I cannot figure it out.

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Click on Byte 14 and check mark Bit 1 - Daytime Running Lights (DRL) via Fogs Active

Click on Byte 11 and uncheck Bit 2 - Permanent Running Light (PRL) via Low Beam Active

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Fogs as DRLs for Halogen-equipped Vehicles

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Click on Byte 14 and check mark Bit 1 - Daytime Running Lights (DRL) via Fogs Active

Click on Byte 15 and uncheck Bit 6 - Daytime Running Light (DRL) via separate Lights active

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
You gotta love this transition period when one day its 20+ degrees and the next day it's barely above freezing :)

Canadian weather. I was in shorts last week, blasting the A/C in my car. This week, I'm putting the seat warmers on high and wearing a heavy winter jacket.

WHY?