GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

chucka

Ready to race!
zVp,
First I want to say this is an awesome thread. I found it while waiting for my LED Tails to come in.

They came in yesterday and I hurried to borrow a buddy's cable. Got home and did a few things from your list and all worked great.

the one question I have, because I'm a vagcom user newbie, is do you have a write up for the Cornering lights? That's really the only one on your list that doesn't have a link to instructions and I don't want to screw things up looking for it myself. This was one feature I had on my 2010 GTI that I really liked that I miss.

Thanks again! love your car too!

Charlie

MosbenGTi

GTI MY08-since 20/10/2007
PLEASE HELP

Time to Service Interval Change

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 17-Instruments button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up

Click on the drop-down menu and select SIA - maximum value of time to service

Under New value, enter your time as in days.

NOTE: SIA - maximum value of time to service might be SID - maximum value of time to service depending on your car and/or version of VCDS

Hi Guys, sorry for likely obvious question but i was wondering if anyone knows how to code the car if I'm going from OEM LED's back to Halogen Tail lights. (i basically bought LEDs from Germany and they came with a Code box which did all the coding for me and removed the Error codes). I'm now wanting to reverse this process however having issues with doing it. (I'm getting faint illumination on the 2 outer lights, and the inner 2 on the boot lid come on and then turn off). Need help Please

Last edited:

MosbenGTi

GTI MY08-since 20/10/2007
LED Tail-lights Coding & Error Clearing
Thanks to ZIPN VW at http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4898893-LED-tail-Install-with-or-without-Rear-Fog.

Click on the Long Code Helper button

You will have to find out where byte 18 is as indicated by the arrows in the above image on the 1) line (with the yellow texts). Place your cursor on that area and change the two (2) digits to the respective and known codes listed below (please be careful!):

Xenons Headlights without Rear Fog
1F, 20, 55

Cars with LED DRLs - 21

Xenons Headlights with Rear Fog

Cars with LED DRLs - 04 (Golf R, 2012 GTIs, etc)

Halogen Headlights without Rear Fogs
1F

Halogen Headlights with Rear Fogs
22, 15

WARNING: SAVE your auto-scan before doing this. If you change any digits incorrectly, a whole bunch of errors/issues/etc. will occur. I will not be liable for you incorrectly coding your tail lights.

NOTE: Side-effects of coding may include hatch tails staying lit when open, side markers at low brightness, city lights as high brightness, etc. If this occurs, try another code. If none of the codes work for you in the list, please research or ask for help in the forums.

Press exit on the top left of the window.

This window will show up again. Press the Do It! button to save your work.

WARNING: Please review all your coding before saving your work.

Back to this window, press the Faults Code- 02 to start the process of clearing the bulb-out error on your dash.

This window will pop up and show you numerous errors regarding your tail-lights. Press the Clear Codes - 05 button.

Press the Yes button to clear the codes.

Once this is complete, the bulb-out error on your dash should disappear and no faults should be visible in the faults window. If there are any faults left, try another code and repeat these steps.

Hi Guys, sorry for likely obvious question but i was wondering if anyone knows how to code the car if I'm going from OEM LED's back to Halogen Tail lights. (i basically bought LEDs from Germany and they came with a Code box which did all the coding for me and removed the Error codes). I'm now wanting to reverse this process however having issues with doing it. (I'm getting faint illumination on the 2 outer lights, and the inner 2 on the boot lid come on and then turn off). Need help Please

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Not always a good idea to start with the most aggressive pad. You want to start mild and then work your way up to remove as little paint as possible.

except I never said to start with the most aggressive. All i'm saying in his situation, a yellow pad would have been faster and finishes almost the same as the orange.

thejerseydon

Tried this but on my 2012 autobahn with led drl the 18 byte would not let me change the number direct instead I had a pull down with no 21 which is listed for my car.

boostedmk6

Go Kart Champion
except I never said to start with the most aggressive. All i'm saying in his situation, a yellow pad would have been faster and finishes almost the same as the orange.

Not saying you said that, and didn't mean to offend you in any way, just thought it was important to mention it so people don't think its okay to jump right to a yellow pad.

I agree that a yellow cuts faster but it needs to be followed with a milder pad whereas you can get away with an orange on harder clears.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Disable Hill Hold Control (HCC)

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Go to Byte 16 and uncheck Bit 0 - Hill Hold Control (HHC/PR-UG1/UG4) active/installed to deactivate Hill Hold Control (HCC).

Last edited:

flyboy320

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Mike,

Don't know if you remember me or not but we met during one of the GTG in Mississauga in early April (brought my 8yr old & my wife) and you were good enough to change a few settings for me with your vagcom. Anyways, decided to buy a micro USB CAM just to have and I remember when you were programming my car, you said something about saving the current settings just to have as a backup. I haven't started using the cable yet, but was wondering where this option is in the software?

Oh, ya, I remember I PM'd you and said the 4 count comfort signal reset to the factory 3 count (after you had programmed it for 4). I remember you said something about selecting return to factory settings and I tried that a couple of days later, and I now have my 4 count comfort signal back!!

Thanks Mike.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Hey!

I remember you - how's the wife and kid? Is he still hanging around in the trunk? :p

I'll give you a PM later tonight about those things :)

flyboy320

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey!

I remember you - how's the wife and kid? Is he still hanging around in the trunk? :p

I'll give you a PM later tonight about those things :)

Haha....yup still loves the trunk access, best part of the car for him!!

Just picked up the cable....new toy...:happyanim:

zVp

Go Kart Champion

Sorry, byte 18 is a real bitch to fix after coding - do you have the auto-scan? I think even with the auto-scan, it's still hard since the number is masked. You can always code it using the pull-down menus and pick the appropriate code for your country.

Anxiously waiting for springs to go in :thumbsup:

Hopefully I do it next week!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Drove around a bit today and found a nice little tunnel to take some pics at. I really wish we didn't have to have a front plate in Ontario.