GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbonio Filter - Clean vs. Replace?

rockerdan

Ready to race!
is it a k&n filter? those never need replacing, just wash and oil.

;)

randy915

Ready to race!
No, it's the stock one that came with the APR CAI. Should I replace it with the K&N filter instead of a replacement Carbonio filter?

rockerdan

Ready to race!
No, it's the stock one that came with the APR CAI. Should I replace it with the K&N filter instead of a replacement Carbonio filter?

I thought they came with same style as k&n? for that much money it should be lifetime, but i dont have one yet so i dont know.

Doesn't it come with instructions?

:)

Jacuzzi

Ready to race!
Filter cleaning is easy as others have mentioned...plus it's like $10 for the recharge kit and doesn't take too long, other than letting it dry naturally.

Shini

Go Kart Champion
Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one here who buys new tires when the low pressure light comes on?

randy915

Ready to race!
Filter cleaning is easy as others have mentioned...plus it's like $10 for the recharge kit and doesn't take too long, other than letting it dry naturally.

Thanks, I'll replace it with a K&N since the one that came with APR's CAI isn't the RU-2820.

rockerdan

Ready to race!
Says right on APR instructions, clean filter then oil spray.

here is link, scroll to very bottom of PDF.
http://www.goapr.com/support/VERSION 2 Audi VW MK5-6 TSI install instructions.pdf

A NOTE ON FILTER MAINTENANCE
The filter on your Carbonio Intake is washable and will last for many years if
cleaned periodically. The best way to clean the filter is to remove it and
service it with a commercially available cleaning kit. These kits are very
inexpensive and require that you wash the filter and oil it after it has had the
opportunity to dry. DO NOT OVER-OIL THE FILTER. BE SPARING WITH
THE OIL AS EXCESSIVE OILING CAN LEAD TO DAMAGE TO THE MAF
SENSOR.

Dan