GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

zVp

Go Kart Champion
That's the most neat sub woofer box i have yet to see....

Drop looks good...any idea if those are available for the Golf R?

Yup! There's a member here that fabricates them - he does an amazing job and I'm really happy with it. Even if there's no sub attached :p

The drop is pretty good, I'm really happy with how it sits now. No more Tiguan/Toureg stance. I'm not too sure if there's a equivalent springs setup for Golf Rs, but I think Golf Rs are pretty low over there compared to the NA market, right?

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to figure out what sub I want to get. I know for sure I'll get the JL Audio XD300/1 amp and an AudioControl LC2i LOC, but not too sure what shallow mount sub to get. I know people like the MB Quart RLP254, but was wondering what other subs compare to that one.

Highgate Golfer

Ready to race!
I had a problem with my aspherical driver side as well. Its not wobbly, but it doesn't adjust nearly as much outboard as it did before (pointing away from the side of the car). I can still see the length of the car, and having it like that defeats the purpose of "side view" mirrors, I like to have them point as far out as possible, but I digress.

How are you taking it off? when I replaced them I cracked both my original mirrors, I was thinking like fishing coat hangers behind them to get leverage further inside the mirror to prevent cracking?

P.S. Nice stealth box :D

zVp

Go Kart Champion
I had a problem with my aspherical driver side as well. Its not wobbly, but it doesn't adjust nearly as much outboard as it did before (pointing away from the side of the car). I can still see the length of the car, and having it like that defeats the purpose of "side view" mirrors, I like to have them point as far out as possible, but I digress.

How are you taking it off? when I replaced them I cracked both my original mirrors, I was thinking like fishing coat hangers behind them to get leverage further inside the mirror to prevent cracking?

P.S. Nice stealth box :D

You might want to reseat it - I think I actually reseated it wrong the first time since it would not point down all the way (it would actually hitting the housing and would just stop). Try to take it off and reseat it :)

I'm using trim tools now since I used a butterknife and cracked the passenger side mirror. The trim tool just pops in, a little nudge and it will pop right out without any hesitation and/or cracking. If you need to borrow some, just pop by and we can quickly reseat it

and thanks!

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Btw, thanks! I actually remembered that I absolutely forgot to attach the heating elements to the damn mirror. So I just popped into the garage and quickly did it.

And man, I'm really glad I got the Dynaudio system. It's a great system

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Not really GTI material, but I did take some time this morning to wash my mom's car.

Unfortunately, it got a bit too hot outside to apply some spray wax, but I was already in the middle of it so I just had to finish. Ended up having a lot of wax residue left since of the heat. I'll probably try to buff it out later when it gets a bit cooler or my driveway gets some shade, but for now, too tired to take care of it and my mom won't even notice anyway lol.

Products Used
2 Bucket Method w/ Grit Guards
Duragloss 902
Waffleweave Towels
Cookie Monster Microfibre Towels
Poorboy's Bold n Bright Tire Dressing
Optimum Spray Car Wax

Nice picture of the glossiness of the sealant (applied back in early May) and spray-wax on top

I hate the front license plate law here in Ontario...

More glossiness

The glare from the sun turned out decent in this picture

That is just a contrail from an airplane :p

Now you can see where the spray-wax smeared cause of the heat

Another smearing picture... Boo

Who's that in the back...?

Just a little GTI material

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Disable Rear Wiper

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Load up VCDS, click on the Select button under Select Control Module

Click on the 09-Cent. Elect. button

Click on the Coding - 07 button

Click on the Long Code Helper button

Go to Byte 21 and uncheck mark Bit 0 - Rear Wiper installed to deactivate this option

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Enable Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Window

How-To
WARNING: I will not be held liable if anything occurs when attempting to change anything in the VCDS software. These instructions are created to the best of my knowledge and are as accurate as I can make them. Please be careful before you save your settings and always run Auto-Scan before any changes are attempted.

Go to Byte 21 and check mark Bit 4 - Tear Drop Wiping for Rear Wiper Active to deactivate this option

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Cornering Lights via Front Fog Lights Active

How-To

Click on Byte 14 and check mark Bit 7 -Cornering Lights via Front Fogs active

When you turn your wheel to the right or the left, the respective front fog light will also turn on to assist in lighting that area for the turn.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Adjusting Bi-Xenons Headlights Range/Level

How-To

Before you attempt this, please face a wall and try to be on level ground. Also, turn on your headlights for clarity, as well as seeing a before/after result during the adjustment.

Click on the 55-Xenon Range button

Click on the Adaptation - 10 button

This window will pop up - expand the drop-down menu.

Select Adjustment Position & Adjustment Learning.

Click on the ON/OFF/Next button.

Your lights should level up - it will be a noticeable difference depending on the height of your car.

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Enable Tear Drop Wiping for Front Window

How-To

Use the drop-down menu and click on the Wischer entry (this may be different depending on your module, but it should say Wischer or something similar)

Go to Byte 01 and check mark Bit 3 - Tear Wiping active to activate this option

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) Settings
Thanks to michal at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25039

How-To

NOTE: Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) alters the steering ratio depending on the vehicle speed and simultaneously adjusts the steering torque to match the ratio: for a more precise steering feel and better road surface feedback. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS DRIVER STEERING RECOMMENDATION. Technically, this should be called Dynamic Steering RESPONSE rather than recommendation.

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Click on the drop-down menu and select Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR)

Change Dynamic Steering Recommendation (DSR) to your preference; read michal's thread for more information

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) Settings
Thanks to veedoubleme at http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36475

How-To

Click on the 44-Steering Assist button

Click on the drop-down menu and select Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)

Change Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) to your preference (1 is enabled, 0 is disabled); read veedoubleme's thread for more information

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Enable/Disable Indirect Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Source: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/activate-tpms-system-vw-golf.htm

How-To

WARNING: Do not disable TPMS if it is mandated in your area. Caution is advised.

Click on the 03-ABS Brakes button

Go to Byte 16 and check/uncheck Bit 2 - Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPMS/PR-7K6) installed to activate/deactivate the indirect tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS).

NOTE: If you are activating this system, the TPMS symbol may come up on your dash. The system needs at least an hour of driving including highway to adapt. During this time, the TPMS may not be accurate and fully reliable. Please use caution.