GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HPAs new intercooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
dude what in the hell is the point of staying on topic on another hunk of metal that may or may not compare with another inter cooler? I mean really, it is the same thing over and over and over again. I read through the posts and it is an identical conversation under a different thread title. If you want cooling options then stop dragging knuckles around inter cooler forums and look for ways to actually cool charge temps besides strapping a hunk of metal to the front of your car. I'll log my intake temps when I go to the gym today and then post them from my p3 gauge and then we can compare against a car with the APR core and HPA core and we can shut this thing down. It is just silly, and the fact that there is even discussion about the fact they coated the end tanks is a joke. I just don't get the naivete surrounding this whole issue. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
but what if I want the highest quality parts available? :(

Can I still be cool if i dont want to put cheap shit on my car? :(

Absolutely not. You get negged on sight and I'll come to whatever meet you go to and rip off your bumper and laugh at your Chinese intercooler and then kick you in the dick and leave.

GTI7871

Banned
none of us have jobs here.

Go and tell your Daddy you want an APR Intercooler cause you can't afford it.
Or they can't because they make the monthly payments of your car too?

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
LOL

GTI7871

Banned

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
cliff notes for this thread, as its being locked soon:

We were discussing HPA's intercooler and the effectiveness of various thermal ceramic coatings. Around page 8, Lou came in and decided to have a tempter tantrum and steer us hopelessly off course.

Till next time!

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
If there is a hope to correct this thread's trajectory ill go with:

Ceramic coatings: good
quality parts: good
meth injection: good

lets continue to discuss how. less meme, more data and numbers

Lou Maiuri

Banned

We were discussing HPA's intercooler and the effectiveness of various thermal ceramic coatings. Around page 8, Lou came in and decided to have a tempter tantrum and steer us hopelessly off course.

Till next time!

I guess I'm the only guy fed up with the shticks and gimmicks we are led to buy into

GTI7871

Banned

Till next time!

The guy is just bitching because he can't afford an APR Intercooler, that's all... back to topic...

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
no, I just don't think quality parts are shticks and gimmicks.

GIAC and Upsolute are more than willing to write more aggressive files that would utilize meth, APR is not at this time. Different vendors tune/build on different philosphies. customers buy on different philosphies. There is a scratch out there for everyone's itch.

Meth is great stuff. I think stacking a quality meth kit on top of other quality parts is a great way to go about the build, and it allows you to really turn the wick up more reliably.

Everything comes down to the compromise you value most. Quality, cost, performance...pick two.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
The guy is just bitching because he can't afford an APR Intercooler, that's all... back to topic...

I buy what I like, money isn't an issue. I bought and had installed my k04, clutch, and intercooler+ methanol all at once with one bill for everything, not that I'm bragging or that it matters. An extra 500 was an afterthought, I just like the fact that some companies are trying different things and not shoving graphs down my throat.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Another less talked about way of reducing intake temps would be a relocated diverter valve to right before the tb

Water meth+ relocated DV+ upgraded intercooler= more cooling then anyone would probably need

Just trying to redirect this thread guys....

Merkle

Banned

Till next time!

I think this thread has served it's purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.