GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comparison~ deAutoKey footwell LEDs *PHOTO HEAVY*

spiker369

on air, don't care
Alright so deAutoKey used to sell a style of footwell LED bulbs that were comparable to their dome lights. 4 LEDs on the sides and 1 facing forward. It caused some slight spotting and they acknowledged that and put new LEDs into testing. I'm here to bring you all the comparison photos. :)

OEM FootWell Lights

OEM FootWell Lights w/o Dome Lights

Old Style deAutoKey RED LED FootWell Lights

Old Style deAutoKey RED LED FootWell Lights w/o Dome Lights

New Style deAutoKey WHITE LED FootWell Lights

New Style deAutoKey WHITE LED FootWell Lights w/o Dome Lights

New Style deAutoKey BLUE LED FootWell Lights *These are actually blue, my camera's white balance was set to capture the true white of the Dome lights.*

New Style deAutoKey BLUE LED FootWell Lights w/o Dome Lights *These are actually blue, my camera's white balance was set to capture the true white of the Dome lights.*

New Style deAutoKey RED LED FootWell Lights

New Style deAutoKey RED LED FootWell Lights w/o Dome Lights

My conclusion. If you have the old LEDs, using red tape, or don't have LEDs then these are definitely worth the money no matter which color you choose to go with!

palma

Ready to race!
Looking good.

The spotting is created by the plastic lense the led shines through. My glovebox and trunk LEDs spot/line even with new ones.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Wow I like those new red ones a lot. But I already have LEDs and the spots don't bother me too much. Nice new option though!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Looking good.

The spotting is created by the plastic lense the led shines through. My glovebox and trunk LEDs spot/line even with new ones.

You are right about that, no LED in the world will prevent the trunk or glove box from spotting... The footwells were tricky - those were the only ones that prevented the spotting.

All LED interior sets on the market will have footwell spotting :(

Thank you for the review, looks great.

miami90

Ready to race!
You are right about that, no LED in the world will prevent the trunk or glove box from spotting... The footwells were tricky - those were the only ones that prevented the spotting.

All LED interior sets on the market will have footwell spotting :(

Thank you for the review, looks great.

Even the ones you sell? The new ones don't look like they have spotting

Dun Dun

Ready to race!
i know the 2.5 doesn't have footwell lights but what does it involve to get them put in?

spiker369

on air, don't care

Yeah I'm confused as well, the newer ones don't really give me any spotting. unless it's there and it's just so little that it's hard to notice. :thumbsup:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Sorry, you are correct, those will not spot.

We just had an issue with a customer, he had aftermarket or replacement housings for his lighting and it somehow caused spotting in his trunk and glovebox, but not his footwells...

Thanks

spiker369

on air, don't care
Sorry, you are correct, those will not spot.

We just had an issue with a customer, he had aftermarket or replacement housings for his lighting and it somehow caused spotting in his trunk and glovebox, but not his footwells...

Thanks

Okay! So now everyone knows for sure, deAutoKey makes the best LEDs! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
my license plate light has a strong white color with a tiny yellow? its weird what is it
strong yellow..

Are you talking about our brand or some other LED?

We never seen that, a yellow tint can be caused by cheap LED or if you have them near a hyper white with a blue tint it will make our LED look yellow to the human eye.

Please let us know,

Thank you

jedred1

jedred1
I decided within the first months of owning my GTI 2012 that the footwell light where to dark (and pee yellow). First I tried another brand of LED's but I noticed the spotting on my foot. I thought it was mud. These 6 LED jobbers not only solved my mud issues but also made a "whiter" white. Today I replaced my dome lights with deAutoKey 5 SMD ones to get the same "white" all throughout the interior. It worked :) Thank You deAutoKey!!

Last edited:

Mille170

Ready to race!
Wish I would have seen this thread a few days ago. I'm on my second set of LEDs in the last week and the latest ones are similar to these but not as many LEDs. I will for sure be ordering these if I don't like the ones I just put in.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for the support and feedback, members like yourself spreading the word lets people get the best possible set, being a small company a lot of people do not know about us.

we also bought out the domain: www.deAutoLED.com - so look for that once we get a full line of LED for all models cars including but not limited to: Audi, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, and Jaguar.

Thanks