GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Malibu Canyon Run/Meet up/Cruise/Photoshoot Part 4 Sunday April 29

krz_hayn

Go Kart Champion
Aloha Everyone,

:readthethread:

That's right, we are moving the now monthly Malibu Canyon Run to the last Sunday of the month since there are a lot of holidays and events falling on the first weekend of the next few months. Thank you to all who made it to the last one! Good news is we get to do it twice this month! :D Let's see how many more rides we can snake through the canyons with us this time around?

We did have an unfortunate incident last weekend with "The Man" tagging 2 members of our cruise. Sorry Mikey and BMW kid? (Sorry, I'm bad with names). My goal is to keep everyone safe while still having a great time. We all attend these events for the same passion so I ask, please do not put yourself or anyone else at danger.

I will again be posting a route map for this event including all re-grouping stops (check points) along the way. After any and all turns at intersections I will hold the group up to be sure all vehicles in our group stay together for the fun parts. So, if the light turns red, be patient as we will wait however long it takes to assure everyone is safe and doesn't get pulled over.

Depending on weather and how many cars show up at this next meet, I'd like to get a photo of our cars parked orderly at the top of Stunt Rd. Possibly blocking a traffic lane for a brief period to do so ;) It's a great spot for a group photo IMO.

I will also, again be locating a restaurant in the area that can park and feed a large group of us in a timely manner. Wood Ranch was awesome! And even though we were an hour late for our reservation they were ready for us. I know some of you last week didn't realize I made a reservation for our entire group, I will be doing the same this and every time to insure we have proper service and adequate parking for our large group. Wood Ranch again? Other options would be BJ's Brewery (pizza, variety), Cisco's (Mexican), Brent's (delicatessen & restaurant).

I would love to have a volunteer to be the tail of the group in which I will discuss your specific duties to help keep the herd together and safe. PM me if interested.

I believe I've addressed all of my concerns. Please feel free to add or ask any questions here on the thread or PM me.

P.S.

8:30-9:00a meet up
9:00a Driver Meeting
9:15a Roll out

:thanks:

Mahalo,
-Kawika

Last edited:

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
1) krz_hayn - Kawika (Organizer)
2) stevenchkim - StevenK

2 questions:
- will there be a bathroom break this time, since the route is like 20 miles longer?
- will there be a raffle?

Thanx ;)

krz_hayn

Go Kart Champion
2) stevenchkim - StevenK

2 questions:
- will there be a bathroom break this time, since the route is like 20 miles longer?
- will there be a raffle?

Thanx ;)

Yes, we can fit a bathroom break or 2(?) in there this time. LOL!

Not sure about the raffle? I will do my best to contact vendors and utilize my resources to look into that. Great suggestions!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Yes, we can fit a bathroom break or 2(?) in there this time. LOL!

Not sure about the raffle? I will do my best to contact vendors and utilize my resources to look into that. Great suggestions!

I was just kidding about the raffle, but OK!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
You never know? The answer is always "no" if you don't ask, right? May not be a raffle, possibly more likely hand outs of some small products or decals from select vendors?

You're already puttin in work. Didn't wanna pile it on, but cool if there're goodies. The point will always be hanging and cruising with other Vdubs, and thanx again Kawika :thumbsup:

steemax

Go Kart Champion
2) stevenchkim - StevenK
3) Steemax - Steven J

Always count me in! And let me know If I can be of assistance, I may know a few peeps that may have some insight on hooking it up :thumbsup:

Your local vag-com man,
-Steven :)

2011 CSG GTI

Ready to race!
Always down for a run, and kawika my friend.
I can offically say that you have put me into retirement lol
Put my name down forsure, gotta bring my Dlsr next time

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Always down for a run, and kawika my friend.
I can offically say that you have put me into retirement lol
Put my name down forsure, gotta bring my Dlsr next time

1) krz_hayn - Kawika (Organizer) - Lunch
2) stevenchkim - StevenK - Cruise Only
3) Steemax - Steven J - ???
4) 2011 CSG GTI - Ary - ???

steemax

Go Kart Champion
1) krz_hayn - Kawika (Organizer) - Lunch
2) stevenchkim - StevenK - Cruise Only
3) Steemax - Steven J - Lunch
4) 2011 CSG GTI - Ary - ???