GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My baby + unidenfied flying object....

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
So, took my car to vacuum it out and run it through the touchless car wash to get some post-detailing dust off from the other day. Leave and get on the interstate looking all fresh and clean, then out of no where comes this flying object as wide as my car. I think it was a bumper from a truck or something. I have no idea. I was following behind a car and it hit the front of the car, rolling up the hood before flying completely over the car. It was white is about all I know.....

Damage includes:
bumper (has to be replaced due to large gash)
grille (has to be replaced)
grille emblem (has to be replaced)
hood (possibly fixable)
driver headlight (has to be replaced)

So here's my questions and the way I hope things work out. I already told insurance I want to take it to a VW repair shop or somewhere that's going to use OEM parts. Hopefully the adjuster doesn't say the hood can be fixed. What you guys think?

Here's my ideal plan... any flaws/opinions?
1) Source OEM hood or aftermarket hood (anyone know of any?) and drop it off to have a shop spray it
2) Purchase lights from Ed (wanted them anyways)
3) Source a different grille
4) Have John do my grille emblem
5) Source OEM bumper (should I go R bumper? Anyone know where to get?). Have a shop spray it.
6) Do all installs myself.

This way all parts are replaced OEM besides the upgrades I wanted, and I don't have to pay for a shop to do all the labor, which should hopefully cover my deduct. I also believe Ed's reps are cheaper than OEM halogens so that should help.

Where should I look for best deals on OEM parts with this plan? Anyone see any flaws? I've already filed a claim and I have to call the adjuster tomorrow to proceed. Worse part is the first big car show/meet I was going to and getting ready for is sunday :(

But.... thank God I was't hurt, or the car wasn't hurt mechanically, or the roof damaged, etc. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ilovebrunch

Ready to race!
Glad to see you weren't hurt and it doesn't look as bad as it could of. Hopefully all goes well with ins. And I'm probably selling my xenons soon, I have a couple people interested but if it's something your looking for let me know.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see you weren't hurt and it doesn't look as bad as it could of. Hopefully all goes well with ins. And I'm probably selling my xenons soon, I have a couple people interested but if it's something your looking for let me know.

Definitely something I'm interested in. I should hopefully be ordering all parts this week though. Going to try and put a rabbit out the hat and get it all fixed by Saturday... doubt it's going to happen but I'm going to try. Please keep me updated.

Ethereal

Ready to race!
The trash and debris and spilled paint, mortar, plaster, tar on New Orleans roads are the WORST I have ever seen! This city and roads are truly DIRTY and drivers some of the most aggressive/worst I've ever seen also!

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
The trash and debris and spilled paint, mortar, plaster, tar on New Orleans roads are the WORST I have ever seen! This city and roads are truly DIRTY and drivers some of the most aggressive/worst I've ever seen also!

Haha a local understands! You going to be at the lakefront meet Sunday? Me and candy coated comet going.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I know this feel...hit a pallet on the highway (no avoidance) and suffered the similar emotional trauma. GOod luck dude

Thomasjames

Very nice and very beautiful looking car. From my expectations features of this is outstanding. and Please keep me updated.

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
I know this feel...hit a pallet on the highway (no avoidance) and suffered the similar emotional trauma. GOod luck dude

Ouch! That had to have been worse. I got the car back today. Perfect fix. $3800 in damage. But at least they color matched my side markers during repairs. See build thread for quick pics. Installed Racing Dash LED plate kit soon as I got it home. Tomorrow is detail day lol.

As far as emotional trauma.. my GF was sick of my depression this week lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
Man I was going to say... great opportunity to go to a badgeless grill and get your hood notch filled. Glad to hear that the repair was done well.