GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unofficial Golf MK6 GTI Intercooler Comparison

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
Please feel free to send me a PM if you see anything that needs to be updated. Links directly to the manufacturer are available on the Google Docs version below. :thumbsup:

Live Google Docs Version --> click here

Sorted by Price

**NOTE, while some of these kits do not use the stock intercooler, it is not removed to keep the radiator and a/c condenser in place.

Last edited:

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
A question I had during the process of putting together this spreadsheet:

How necessary is it to keep the stock IC? I would imagine keeping the stock IC would add more volume of air for the turbo to push. Would that cause problems? In theory more volume of cooled air would be better. Would that effect spool?

Also, you also have more connections, which translates to more places for leaks. Generally speaking the less places for boost leaks, the better.

Any thoughts?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Maybe size bet.the two..,the stock plastic ends vs.the S3 metal ends less leak more mass to play with?? Anyone ??
In some reviews there is the claim that indeed there is some initial lag with an aftermarket IC if compare with the stock part.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
......you done started it.......

Unless you bench pressure test each one with accurate flow rates and pressure loss, etc etc. You WILL not get a good comparison other than price and basic core dimensions.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
BSH FMIC?
CTS FMIC?

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Maybe size bet.the two..,the stock plastic ends vs.the S3 metal ends less leak more mass to play with?? Anyone ??
In some reviews there is the claim that indeed there is some initial lag with an aftermarket IC if compare with the stock part.

hopefully neither intercooler leaks at all. the S3 intercooler's aluminum endtanks have higher heat dissipation if thats what you were referring to.

also, the Forge is a tube and fin.

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Stasis??

Also, the Eurojet is a direct fit, no trimming.

Agreed, Without flow data this is really pointless.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!

Do you have a link?

Also, the Eurojet is a direct fit, no trimming.

Updated.

......you done started it.......

Unless you bench pressure test each one with accurate flow rates and pressure loss, etc etc. You WILL not get a good comparison other than price and basic core dimensions.

Yup :thumbsup:

Agreed, Without flow data this is really pointless.

That's your opinion. ;) In my opinion, for someone trying to find a list of available options for an intercooler, it is very functional. Just brand/price/placement are helpful and serve a purpose. Some might even call it a high level buyer's guide. Don't ya just love public forums? :thumbup:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
If we all bought intercoolers based on price, we'd all have Godspeeds.

Explicit 20VGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I find this to be usefull! This allows someone to get a basic idea of the different price ranges that are currently out there for IC's. It would allow the buyer to select a price range and do their research. The buyer may not know of all the company's out there that offer IC's for the MK6.

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
I find this to be usefull! This allows someone to get a basic idea of the different price ranges that are currently out there for IC's. It would allow the buyer to select a price range and do their research. The buyer may not know of all the company's out there that offer IC's for the MK6.

Precisely what I was going for. :thumbup: