GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH intake??

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I have done a few searches and found nothing on this, but I would like to know some reviews on the BSH intake. It looks nice and I think the design is well thought out.

For those that know, I have a question:

There seems to be two setups if you want to modify your intake down to the turbo inlet:
Stage 1 http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-TSI-TSI
+ Stage 2 http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-TSI-S2I

or straight through piping - http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-TSI-RFI

If you notice, the difference is where the MAF housing would be.

I'm unsure on which to choose, and need some opinions :)

Last edited:

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
The reason I was asking was mainly because the different location of the MAF; I hear that really does make a small difference. Well pics are a little late, but here they are! :D

Last edited:

mylesw42

Ready to race!
Nice job DubbinIt! Liking the intake? I sure do. Piece of cake to remove and replace if you need to work in the engine bay too. Boy I sure had a heck of a time removing the stock clamps on the Turbo intake pipe, that was what took me the longest of the install. Oh, the freeing up of the MAF cable also took some patience as well. Did you have to do that?

lawgdawg

Ready to race!
The reason I was asking was mainly because the different location of the MAF; I hear that really does make a small difference. Well pics are a little late, but here they are! :D

I also have this intake, did you have to flip the MAF housing to get it to fit right? becasue i did.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Nice job DubbinIt! Liking the intake? I sure do. Piece of cake to remove and replace if you need to work in the engine bay too. Boy I sure had a heck of a time removing the stock clamps on the Turbo intake pipe, that was what took me the longest of the install. Oh, the freeing up of the MAF cable also took some patience as well. Did you have to do that?

I love it. I wouldn't have put the $300 anywhere else. It does remove quite easily! Just the coupler, the one hose pictured, maf, and one screw.
I'd agree! 50% of my time was spent trying to remove the stock turbo inlet coupler! I didn't have the right tools to fit in that small area.

I also have this intake, did you have to flip the MAF housing to get it to fit right? becasue i did.

To both of you, I flipped the 90degree so it was facing the opposite direction quite easily just by disassembling the small plastic piece on top and turning it around. After trying that, mine still didn't reach, so I removed my battery and used a box cutter blade to cut open some of the tape holding the MAF wire to allow for some more slack and moved which clamp the bundle of wires were in--putting them closer to the intake. I just re-wrapped the wire with some electrical tape and put it all back together.

I love the sound and the little increase in power I got. :thumbup:

MichaelLegaspi

Ready to race!
I put in the stage 2 part yesterday (have neuspeed pflo, and I can vouch for the turbo coupler taking the longest. :mad0259:

They both sound great too.

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
If you have the noisemaker removed, that REALLY helps in getting to those stock turbo coupler clamps

I wanted to do it right then and there, because I couldn't fit my hand properly to grab the clamps with my pliers, but I didn't have the parts to delete that mofo. :mad0259:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I wanted to do it right then and there, because I couldn't fit my hand properly to grab the clamps with my pliers, but I didn't have the parts to delete that mofo. :mad0259:

I found it out the hard way on my MKV when I was returning it to stock.

I put the noisemaker back in first & then was trying to put the stock inlet pipe back on with that clamp.....it was impossible with the noisemaker in the way!!!

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
I found it out the hard way on my MKV when I was returning it to stock.

I put the noisemaker back in first & then was trying to put the stock inlet pipe back on with that clamp.....it was impossible with the noisemaker in the way!!!

Yep, now I know that if I ever have to, I will work my way from the inside outward.:thumbdown: