GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RacingManiac's GoPro Dump

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

Heh

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
AutoX with a local Toronto group(Push-It-to-The-Limit, or PITL) as I was home visiting parents. This makes it my 11th weekend in a row in 2014(since April 27) doing autoX.

These guys are a bit more laid back but still a decent turn out. They have a small lot though so they make some pretty tight courses(watching old video makes me a bit worried about getting lost), but the course on saturday was pretty simple in terms of navigation. They don't use SCCA classing and they don't really do PAX. I think they miss classed me(http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/classifications.php) as "B-Stock Plus" even though I signed up for B-Mod(RSB seems to put me there). So I ended up winning my assigned class by a lot...

Though I would still have won by a smaller margin in the proper class. Also ran 9th fastest raw time.

Pretty happy with that...

Updated full result:
http://www.wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/Results/2014-results/pitl_2014_ev4.php

Last edited:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
That run looked intense! Awesome man. I'm dying to start auto x-ing. Gotta find some events locally.

I'm just trying to figure out how you see the route... All I see is a mess of cones.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
That run looked intense! Awesome man. I'm dying to start auto x-ing. Gotta find some events locally.

I'm just trying to figure out how you see the route... All I see is a mess of cones.

Ask for help. Get there early, find someone else who is there early and see if they are willing to help. If not, ask someone else.

Get the safety steward or novice chief to help explain things. Get them to ride with you also.

Also, go to have fun. Do not expect to be blazing fast because unless you are the next Senna, you won't be.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Ask for help. Get there early, find someone else who is there early and see if they are willing to help. If not, ask someone else.

Get the safety steward or novice chief to help explain things. Get them to ride with you also.

Also, go to have fun. Do not expect to be blazing fast because unless you are the next Senna, you won't be.

Thanks for the advice! Definitely not gonna try and set any records. lol gotta feel it out first. I have a manual. Now i consider my self pretty damn good on the street, but i'm imagining on a track it might be tricky pulling off a hairpin with one hand while downshifting.

Hopefully my first course won't be too tight.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
AutoX normally won't have too much shifting. 1-2 shift is usually the only shifting you do. That course up there was not typical at all.

Had my 12th and 13th event(of the year) this weekend with DRSCCA's weekend double up in Oscoda. Saturday was a ProSolo format event with 4 runs in the morning, 4 runs in the afternoon. Plus if your times are good enough(they take top 16 PAX for this weekend) you make the bracket elimination based Super Challenge. Sunday was a regular autoX.

The entire weekend I was chasing a national level, early 00s Celica GT. As weird as it is, this 2300lb, 140bhp thing is THE car that has been dominating the class in the last 5+ years in G-Stock class, in a class that was open to Supercharged Cobalt SS, GTI, SRT4 Neon, and now Focus ST and Fiesta ST. And this weekend was no different. On raw time I was not keeping up to it but apparently he had dirty runs with cones and at the end of Sat's regular timed portion of ProSolo I was ahead, and good enough to make Super Challenge(we both made it).

The course:

These are just the only 2 runs I got on video in the whole regular ProSolo portion(from the morning session)...my GoPro batt died after that.

Then in the Super Challenge, which is sorta like Bracket Drag Racing minus the breakout DQ. I got to race an ESP prep Mustang:

A STX prep RX8

The same Celica I was chasing(half a video because stupid me)

And a KM Kart...

Since the Kart red light his 2nd run....I won by default despite my DNF run...

So yeah I won the Super Challenge....which was hilarious and unbelievable...

Sunday was just a regular AutoX with the courses used linked together. I got destroyed by the Celica but managed a 2nd in the end in my class...

I got 20 runs out of the weekend...which is pretty insane...my tires are pretty beat though...lol

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
I miss Oscoda. That was a ton of fun.

Did you get Shawn for the ESP Mustang or was that Seth?

Did Dave Feighner (sp?) show up? I lost to him in the Challenge last year (1st round).

Oh, and if you'd taken Friday off and gone to TnT, you could have had 20 more runs, minimum. :)

Congrats brother! You're headed to Nationals!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have 20 runs more of tire to spare...they still need to last this season..lol

It was actually Jeremiah Mauricio driving Shawn's Mustang. Feighner didn't go, which was surprising.

I think I will plan for a National trip within the next 2 years. Maybe with a MK7 depends on how that's classed. I'll definitely try to do more Tour event next year...

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
I think I will plan for a National trip within the next 2 years. ... I'll definitely try to do more Tour event next year...

That's my plan also. Not this year, but before 2017, especially if 370Zs get moved to another class. I missed Mineral Wells by a weekend and ended up driving through Arkansas during the national event on my way moving to TX. Hopefully next year won't be so busy and I can start racing "full time" again.

See you on the tour! (In my FR-S though)

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
This last weekend was a good weekend...

1st in GS out of 13. 10th on raw time, and 1st in PAX out of 104.....

Attachments

• CCM_Raw.JPG
    CCM_Raw.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 193
  • CCM_PAX.JPG
    CCM_PAX.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 193
  • CCM_GS.JPG
    CCM_GS.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited: