GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Idatalink Maestro for VW radio replacement:

bmc333

Ready to race!
I knew I should have waited for you to chime in - didn't think this thing shipped without that....omg so pissed I just wasted that money lol

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
all Maestro units have the USB updater (not the weblink updater for our bypass modules) in the Maestro RR box.

If you got it from AMazon, simply return it. They have the best return policy in the world I think. lol

ravendarat

Ready to race!
OMG I am so sorry dude. I use the web link updater to do mine in the shop so I just assumed you needed it like their other modules. Once again I apologize.

Uberryan

Banned
So I finally checked out some headunits and I see this is gonna be like a $900 ordeal to make this a reality for me. I might hold off till a few of these units drop in price, or more headunits are released.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Well the Maestro RR unit and VW1 harness for it work as advertised for Pioneer - I'm happy so far with what I've got. Pioneer says their update to activate the rest of the functionality of Maestro (MDI, AUX, etc) is "coming this summer" so we'll see. I like the fact that my 8000NEX has a direct port for iDatalink connection.
For the life of me, I can't my Note3 to connect using the MHL adapter even tho I've got the HDMI and USB cables plugged in correctly to the unit. It charges but for some reason won't send info using AppRadio unless I do Bluetooth.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i still don't have any idea when that update will release. Hopefully soon.

One question, how did the install and harness go in?? did everything seem to be pretty simple?? just curious on your thoughts on it.

bmc333

Ready to race!
Very simple install and programming process. I love how small the unit is and that VW1 harness helped a ton. Happy with the head unit too - love the capacitive touch and brightness/clarity.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I tried to get the team to make it as painless as possible (and within reason :) )

bmc333

Ready to race!
Well mission accomplished - very user friendly - especially the site you have to set it up.

Uberryan

Banned
Yeah, I'd be interested for the aftermarket GPS and the stock look, but not at $3400 for everything. As it stands, they don't even have this up for sale yet.

I just want a package setup of everything I need to get something like this. I personally hate to source parts, and components just to get one grand result.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i gotta be honest....putting the 8 inch alpine in......... has been awesome. the only thing I wish it did was integrate better on HDMI....but other that that.......it is the best option for what you get and the size of the screen too. I think it is almost half the price too. I believe crutchfield is still at 1600 plus like a 100 for the maestro and harness. after their combo discount.

My dash on the homepage with the alpine:

Attachments

• maestro vw homepage.jpg
    maestro vw homepage.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 1,274
Last edited:

bmc333

Ready to race!
Yeah that Alpine was my first choice but budget limited me. An 8 inch screen does look perfect in our cars - and just looks SO much bigger than 7 inches does.

Last edited: