GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEwok1

Banned
GAH! Words cannot express how upset I am right now. Just had to swerve to avoid some jackass that crossed the center line and I hit a huge pothole and now I have a bubble in the front right tire, definitely needs to be replaced. I would love to just use this as an opportunity to buy a set of 4 michelin as3's but I don't have the money for a new set of 4. I also don't want uneven wear and don't want an unmatching set of tires. Quite the predicament.

Anyone local have 1 pirelli p zero nero with "decent" tread left on it that they want to sell me??

They were probably watching a movie on their cell phone, bummer. Might be a stupid idea but how about investing in 2 really good front summer tires and keeping the other a/s as a backup? Less money, more grip and a full size spare :thumbsup:

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
Greetings from Lombard. Well, I used to live there anyway. Now I have to live in Alabama. :(

Push APR to allow telecommuting!
Everytime I meet someone from Alabama I ask them if they know where Opelika is, have yet to find a single person who does.

docss26

Ready to race!
White 2 door GTI on the 94 by the junction. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Greetings from Lombard. Well, I used to live there anyway. Now I have to live in Alabama. :(

Push APR to allow telecommuting!

WHOA, WTF?

I've lived in Lombard since like, 2001 or so. I pretty much grew up in Elmhurst though. What the heck? lol.. how did you land the APR gig and how long ago? where did you live in lombard? and gosh, must be much different in AL!

Sean, tell APR to have a Midwest BBQ party in Chicago!

THIS^

I got a boner today when I saw the price of that new APR low pressure fuel pump kit. Must resist urge to buy...

price? and I didn't read up on it, but what does it actually do? lol...

Everytime I meet someone from Alabama I ask them if they know where Opelika is, have yet to find a single person who does.

:lol:

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
need some new tires for my truck :(

only 5 years old

Jaber

Modero
That sucks Roy. Did you just happen to inspect the tires and notice it? Good thing it didn't go unnoticed.

BlueEwok1

Banned
Acura TL in the books. And i believe i ran into the same 380 hp Volvo S60 R again that ripped me a new one in a chase awhile back.

Gonna be a nice day today

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
I've been watching them. They were starting to crack early last year. Now they are really starting to crack. 47K miles and they look like they are 20 years old.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
Acura TL in the books. And i believe i ran into the same 380 hp Volvo S60 R again that ripped me a new one in a chase awhile back.

Gonna be a nice day today

I lost to a Tahoe yesterday from a dig in the Tundra. I shoulda ripped him a new one, but for some reason I didn't think about putting it in 4wd and I spun. DAMMNNIITTT

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
price? and I didn't read up on it, but what does it actually do? lol...
$584.99

The Stage 3 Golf R tune is fuel limited, I heard rumblings about a new LPFP when I had the kit first installed last year. I got one of the Golf R kits with an upgraded TTRS fuel pump and TTRS controller which were installed. Then APR could that they overheat under high load and cut out which is a big problem. So they paid Kurt to have them removed, and refunded me the difference between how much I paid for the kit when it still had those 2 parts in it, and when they changed the kit to no longer need them. Was really cool of them to do that.

They even let me keep both the TTRS pump and controller, I need to find out what to do with them...

BlueEwok1

Banned
Where are you driving that you always have other people on the road to play with? I sooo rarely engage with anyone

Out by 90 and randall road, typically at the 3-2 lane merges. That and sometimes when going 90 west typically on fridays when traffic is lighter after barrington road exit usually frees up. I just wish i was commuting westbound in the morning instead of eastbound..practically no traffic

This.
And
Something to hit the tickle spot for this morning.
http://www.pidjin.net/2014/04/16/lawyer-your-standards/

:laugh:

Removing ipass from windshield and buying my dash cam, intake and tint next week btw. pretty excited for the dash cam

Status
Not open for further replies.