GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lower control arm bushings. Press needed?

swagger76

Ready to race!
So, I'm gonna install the whiteline alk kit as my next suspension upgrade. I understand it is a pretty easy task. I was going to put in new poly bushings in the front of the arms also but I heard a press might be needed to remove those? Can anyone clarify? Also might tackle the front trailing arm on the rears also. Press needed there? Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
honestly I wouldn't bother with the small bushings. The stock ones are solid rubber not filled with voids and being as such and the fact they are so small there will be very little if anything to gain by replacing them with poly. I have a ton of suspension work done to my car and I am not in the least bit worried about replacing those bushings.

I would strongly and highly advise you to go with the SuperPro ALK over the Whiteline ALK

swagger76

Ready to race!
honestly I wouldn't bother with the small bushings. The stock ones are solid rubber not filled with voids and being as such and the fact they are so small there will be very little if anything to gain by replacing them with poly. I have a ton of suspension work done to my car and I am not in the least bit worried about replacing those bushings.

I would strongly and highly advise you to go with the SuperPro ALK over the Whiteline ALK

Thanks for the advice! So your saying just go with the anti lift kit?? Why the superpro over the whiteline? Is it cause of the metal sleeve on the bearing of the superpro?? I thought whiteline has one now too??

swagger76

Ready to race!
I was planning on using a vice, since i watched many ppl do bushing jobs w vices all over youtube

I think I'm just gonna take ginzo's advice and skip the small ones. Just stick to the alk kit. And the sway bar end links. Should help plant me a little better.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the advice! So your saying just go with the anti lift kit?? Why the superpro over the whiteline? Is it cause of the metal sleeve on the bearing of the superpro?? I thought whiteline has one now too??

If you search out my post using "ALK" you will find tons of posts where I explain why SuperPro over Whiteline.

If Whiteline changed their design to mimic SuperPro with the aluminum sleeve over the small insert then it is news to me. Where did you see or hear that? Link or pictures?

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
If you search out my post using "ALK" you will find tons of posts where I explain why SuperPro over Whiteline.

If Whiteline changed their design to mimic SuperPro with the aluminum sleeve over the small insert then it is news to me. Where did you see or hear that? Link or pictures?

This ^

There are numerous posts of the whiteline kit failing, so far nothing with the SuperPro.

JP

swagger76

Ready to race!

Maybe I was just confusing the aluminum sleeve addition with the revision they made on there kit. I don't think the revision included the sleeve unfortunately.

marylandgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Or go with the tt bushings, all rubber but they don't have the voids in them like the ome ones or the s3. I have not much luck with poly bushings, they tend to crack over time ( not on the gti ) cheap to 40. I'll have a review soon. Going in with the new clutch, lol dam stage 2.

swagger76

Ready to race!
What revision did they make?

Couldn't find a revision. Sorry, must have been thinking of something else. ? Tt bushings are a good option. But I think I'm going with the pro flex kit. Yet to hear something bad about them.