GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1 Year Lease on a '14 Charger/Challenger

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
For the car ADD guys....I thought this was interesting:
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/04/14/dodge-charger-challenger-double-up-1-year-lease/

The leases are pretty stupid cheap on a '14 Charger R/T right now too...advertised under $150/month around here. So if you lock in that price....you could just carry that payment over to a '15 Charger or '15 Challenger.
Only downside, 3 years in the 2nd car.

Not my cup of tea (calling Plac & Neke), but interesting concept none the less

For example here in Michigan:
http://www.shumanmotor.net/specials/new.htm

Bender1

Banned
Interesting. From a balance sheet perspective it looks like a scam to me. Dodge basically wants to dump all of them onto enterprise but won't because it will look horrible from a fleet sales perspective. Lease em out dirt cheap first and you avoid that.

They basically just screwed over all existing owners as well because the used values will take a hit.

zrickety

The Fixer
The Challenger is cool, Chargers are not.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
It's actually a very interesting tactic, an industry first, and perhaps not the last if it works out for them.

Typically the model year before a redesign or refresh takes a pretty major hit in both transaction price and increased incentive spending. This can have a pretty negative impact on residuals for the model as a whole. Chrysler's hoping that by leasing them short term, it can preserve residuals at least until the launch of the redesigned one. With the new models out, it's possible that when dumping all the old ones to enterprise, the residuals will stay decent.

Fiat has been spending a ton across all brands lately, especially in leasing. While lease deals on the Charger and Challenger are cray, it's not out of the norm for the OEM right now. Short term gain, with a potential long-term win if you can hook people into these products.

Here's the new one for you Troys that might have missed it:

Dat gauge cluster doe

PetrolHead

Agreed. The crazy thing is, this isn't a full redesign, just a mid cycle enhancement. Pretty substantial for what it is.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. From a balance sheet perspective it looks like a scam to me. Dodge basically wants to dump all of them onto enterprise but won't because it will look horrible from a fleet sales perspective. Lease em out dirt cheap first and you avoid that.

They basically just screwed over all existing owners as well because the used values will take a hit.

No manufacturer cares after you drive off....none. They exist to sell new cars. Not care much about used ones. This should be no shock to anyone. Just business. An indication of a line of cars that simply are not selling. Im so totally shocked lol!:23:

PetrolHead

Not 100% true. Residuals are a very important metric for OEMs because they're a major factor in leasing. Garbage residuals make it much more difficult to offer attractive lease rates. Leasing is important because it gives OEMs opportunity for continued repeat business.

This case is interesting because as I mentioned, usually OEMs blow out prior MY cars when a new or refreshed one is launching. This hurts residuals. By leasing these cars for a year, then sending them to fleet, it props up the residual values for the refreshed model, while guaranteeing repeat customers in a year. The downside is that it'll probably blunt the MY15 launch, but the deal only goes through August, when the 15 should be really hitting lots.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The Plac Lease Special :iono:

that is wild, but agreed.. 12month leases could be amazing for all us nuts out there. IF it makes sense financially.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
What happened with the inside/out "redesign" other than the better front end? The car looks the same otherwise. Looks more like a refresh...

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I like the refresh. That 8spd auto with a 5.7 would be pretty quick. My dad's Durango R/T has that combo and it is excellent.