GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top Gear 7/3/10 - Hot Hatch Segment

maluthug

Ready to race!
Top Gear 7/3/11 - Hot Hatch Segment

So who he watched the recent episode of Top Gear where the 3 musketeers reviewed what they believed were their favorite hatches.

whats your guys opinions? why no GTI?

EDIT: yes i got the wrong date on the thread title lol

Last edited:

Randum

Go Kart Champion
So who he watched the recent episode of Top Gear where the 3 musketeers reviewed what they believed were their favorite hatches.

whats your guys opinions? why no GTI?

Without even watching - how in the world could you say "hot hatch" and NOT include the GTI!?

CMD

Ready to race!
Yeah I caught the episode. Was a little surprised to see they didn't include it as they have always raved about the GTI being the original and best all around "hot hatch". Seemed like the cars they reviewed (Fiat arbath, Citroën DS3 Racing , and Renaultsport Clio) were all fairly small and mainly european offerings (suppose fiat is available in NA). As usual was quite amusing nonetheless. Always enjoyed Top Gear and all their crazy antics.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
While I am as disappointed as anyone with the lack of VW, the first test would've been killer for GTI.....as I don't think our car can fit in that city street....all 3 of these cars are considerably smaller than GTI...

Vermilion

Ready to race!
The producers probably made all 3 pick something different than the GTI because it would the have been very boring for a lot of people, except us.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
well there are so many hot hatches out now days, they can only cover so many at a time. hopefully they test the gti in the future.

KaiSTrikes_MKVI

Ready to race!
I think the DS3 is right on the money as far as "HOT hatch" is concern
due to all those color and stickers saying " LOOK AT ME " ..
but its not exactly my cup of tea ( green tea w/honey to be exact )...
Maybe I am too old and frugal now but thats why I drive a TDI ...

VWTN

Ready to race!
Just watched it. They are generally very positive on the GTI though I don't think they've reviewed a MKVI.

The Italy episodes are always a favorite. Jezza almost ate it at Monaco.