GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mkvi autobahn vs. drivers edition

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The Serron wheels on the Autobahn are hideous. How much is the drivers edition? I seem to remember it being pretty expensive for a shift knob and whatever else you get... I have white and don't really like the color.

The white is pretty easy to take care of I guess. My last car was red and it would look clean forever. White really shows dirt when it rains, but it hides scratches and swirls and things really well (at least I think, don't really have any...) The hatch gets very dirty, sometimes in one drive, but you'll probably run into that with any car that has this basic shape.

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
The drivers edition is listed at 28-30 and autobahn 31-33. You get leather seat surface but cloth sides. Dont get the premium sound but you do get the better wheels

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
The laguna wheels are the best

Yeah I really like my Detroits and they are sort of an icon to the GTI, but the Lagunas are really nice. I'd get the driver's edition. Still makes me happy I got a base four door for $23,xxx

PatrickGTIVI

Ready to race!
buying a new car has to be the worst experience of all time or up there

Er, why? It should be enjoyable. You know what you want, you use the internet to find who has it, and you go write a check and sign your name 4 or 5 times. Call insurance company within 30 days. It's fucking simple.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I like the autobahn but the drivers edition has the better wheels. For anyone who has one hows the premium sound in the autobahn? Also the early mk7 may have some problems. Most new entries do.

Also guys and gals for color carbon or white. I really like both colors

My dyna audio system sounds very good for a stock system. I love CSG but white also looks very good, you can't go wrong with either.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
buying a new car has to be the worst experience of all time or up there

If you are prepared going in then you have the upper hand against the dealer. Know your shit and be ready to walk. Make them work for it. I've bought 7 cars now since 2001 and I have it down to a science. PM me if you have any questions or need advice.

IcemanMissile1083

Passed Driver's Ed
Er, why? It should be enjoyable. You know what you want, you use the internet to find who has it, and you go write a check and sign your name 4 or 5 times. Call insurance company within 30 days. It's fucking simple.
the hastle of talking down the price, getting dicked around. I have read on here and other places that the same car can be 20 different prices. What is the best way and offer to start at for a new car. I'm putting a lot down too.

justbud

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a CW autobahn, so I bet you can guess my answer. A lot of guys here don't like the Serrons, I wasn't sure about them at first but I really like the look of them on the car now. The Dynaudio is very nice, but then again I am 48 and don't need a huge amount of bass.

iantheklutz

I had a similar choice to make and I went with the Drivers Edition, grey exterior. The wheels and the slight price difference were the winners for me. The audio is still very good and the biggest difference not mentioned already is the Drivers Edition does not have a push-button start (something I could not care less about).