GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 times with just stage 1

jayk12

Ready to race!
I'm sure this has been discussed many times on here but I'm an idiot and I can't find it.

What 0-60 improvements have people seen with just an APR stage 1 ecu flash at the 93 setting?

Thanks!

Skeptix

Ready to race!
I can't launch for shit [dsg] with the stock tires, I'm getting MAYBE 6.4 at best. NO way 5.2, no way in hell.

FinalOne

Ready to race!
i never measured it, but couse i've owned many cars in the past
it feels like a low 6 second car to me.
no way in hell anyone can see times like 5.2-5.5 (even with slics) with just a stage 1
these are stock impreza, Evo and maybe Golf R times.

jayk12

Ready to race!
Damn, I thought it would be below 6 sec's after the ecu flash. I like the changes after stage I so far except the vibration I now get sometimes in the dash at hard acceleration.

michal

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure this has been discussed many times on here but I'm an idiot and I can't find it.

What 0-60 improvements have people seen with just an APR stage 1 ecu flash at the 93 setting?

Thanks!
It's a blink of the eye.

nekkehd

Ready to race!
I get it pretty quick it's all about the launch, make sure to take tcs off I could see getting 5's I usually hit 60 about the time I have to shift to third with just stage 1 dp and intake.

jayk12

Ready to race!
It's a blink of the eye.

Well then, for $600 on sale for stage I that doesn't seem like much bang for the buck...how can there be the hp & torque gains & not much in results?

I'm curious how much in those power gains is actually getting to the wheels?

Wicked2

Passed Driver's Ed
Coming from motorcycles... $600 is a steal for the power increase. I could easily spend $3K on upgrades and maybe squeeze an extra 10hp on my bike.

0-60 times vary based on your ability to launch but if you were to just go out on a track (not a drag strip) I'm sure you could easily feel the extra power stage 1 offers.

nekkehd

Ready to race!
you also have to take your tires into account, i spin probably all the way till mid 3rd then im off getting some good tires you could probably get that 0-60 time you want.

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Well then, for $600 on sale for stage I that doesn't seem like much bang for the buck...how can there be the hp & torque gains & not much in results?

check youtube videos with stage 1 or stage 2 cars vs stock. the midrange is way better, and stage 2 the top end is awesome.

MK6moneyGANG

Go Kart Champion
What do you guys think stage 1 is running in the quarter mile?

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie

The car is very traction limited, even with stock power, Stage 1 will make it worse at launch. That is just the problem with FWD in general....

The difference is quite pronounced once hooked up though, or from a roll....