GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD310 + MDI or RCD510+SD

t0eknee

Passed Driver's Ed
First post here guys so take it easy on me.

Just got my '12 MkVI Golf last week and i've been contemplating upgrading my HU. Reason being my car only has an aux jack and no MDI in the glovebox. I have the infamous "no-armrest" models too.

My choices are either keeping the stock RCD310 and taking a chance on the MDI retrofit kit for it (5N0-057-342). OR Ditching the stock unit and getting an RCD510 and just load up songs onto a 32 GB SD card.

Stopped by the dealer to ask about the retrofit media kit and they looked at me like I was from another planet. They were looking at that kit but since it didn't specifically state my HU (the 310) they didn't want to suggest I get it.

According to this link I am able to use that kit.

So I either blow ~$400 purchasing and having the MDI kit installed OR I spend about the same on the RCD510.

Thoughts??

Thanks

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'd go RCD510 ... you can always sell that when you're done as opposed to the kit which you will lose your ass on.

That said, why not use Bluetooth?

t0eknee

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd go RCD510 ... you can always sell that when you're done as opposed to the kit which you will lose your ass on.

That said, why not use Bluetooth?

Funny that's what the dealer guy asked.... my car doesn't have BT. It's super base LOL