GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Redux: The Triumphant Return of Boostedballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I've heard that it's too much of a pain to do without a lift, most people that install in a garage say that next time they'd just pay someone to do it.

hvltg

Ready to race!
$550 is cool with me given I won't have to worry about warranty issues with dealer install, and I'll have a loaner car all day to run errands and what not. Dude in Indiana is a good deal, but I'd have to get an alignment done afterwards anyway. They'll also be installing my wastegate rattle clip so there's that, which is nice.

Convenience ftw. I'll give you a buzz post install.

this is how I feel too.. piece of mind & the free rental helps to offset that cost.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
With all the exhaust work I've done, the 2 hardest projects have been

1) headers on a mustang. I think it was a 2003ish year mustang. holy.tight.fight. had to take everything apart to get them on.

2) the downpipe thing on my 1994 camry. holy pain in the ass.

easiest:

1) long tubes on my 99 corvette. Seriously had them on in like 2 hours start to finish.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I still plan to hit up Tan to install my Billy Boat DP once I get that in, unless someone here wants to help me do that on the cheap.

:word:

yeah they do, from what I understand at least.... unless the internet has lied to me??

but I thought they passed some sort of law stating everything you read online has to be true.

boblob chime in here

nope, its not the right part for your car..while a dealer COULD warranty something in relation to it/them because of the VW logo on them, a ballsbusting dealer may NOT warranty it once they run the part #'s and see its not spec'd for your car ;)

LAWBALLS.

after the struggle I had with my downpipe, If I had to do it over I'd gladly pay someone to do it.

i hear that

Yeah I've heard that it's too much of a pain to do without a lift, most people that install in a garage say that next time they'd just pay someone to do it.

trufus

hvltg

Ready to race!
Dumb question, to those with leather.

This is first time owning a car with leather. How often do you guys clean/condition them?

im crazy so with every wash.. so 4X a month. :)

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
:word:

nope, its not the right part for your car..while a dealer COULD warranty something in relation to it/them because of the VW logo on them, a ballsbusting dealer may NOT warranty it once they run the part #'s and see its not spec'd for your car ;)

LAWBALLS.

i hear that

trufus

The lawballs are strong with this one.

BobLobLaw

Go Kart Champion
after the struggle I had with my downpipe, If I had to do it over I'd gladly pay someone to do it.

If I recall, Tan quoted me $150 for the DP install. Does that sound about right?

Jaber

Modero
Last time I tried wrenching on my Jeep, I upset my wrist pretty bad. Early signs of carpal tunnel probably. Same thing when I was sanding in the garage, trying to finish the walls. Ended up saying fuck it and left the drywall unfinished and my wrist was fucked for 3 days.

So now if it's something small, i'll do it. Otherwise pay someone else to do it and I chillax at home.

Jaber

Modero
Woah, i go to get my morning cup of joe..i come back and +1.5 pages. This forum rules

Dat caffine.

huge gunkata multi quote reply or GTFO

This

With dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.