GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Boost Gauge Problem/Question.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
Installed the gauge this morning and the AWE TSI boost tap. Everything seems working fine but I'm confused about the boost pressure.

APR Stage II is running how much boost?
My boost gauge is showing 15psi at full throttle, that cant be right!?!?!? :iono:

So i went back and checked everything over and over and OVER AGAIN to many sure there is no pinched hose or anything and it still shows 15psi..

Whats next?
Do i have a boost leak somewhere? :thumbdown:
Is my DownPipe not bolted on tight enough? or exhaust is leaking somewhere so theres no correct back preassure???
I dont even know what to think anymore.. unless thats how much boost APR Stage II is pushing which i doubt it!

Any ideas and help with be appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
P

plac

its 15psi hold, but you normally see 18-19 peaks all day long when you punch it. Thats TSI. Now my 2 FSI engines would peak 20-21 but thats a different story.

lot of stage 2 people see 1psi LESS peak as there is less pressure holding up the boost while it builds.

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
^ thanks, i always thought APR is pushing 19psi, i just wasnt familiar with the whole holding boost or w/e u were saying.

TSI peaks at 20-21???? wow

mylesw42

Ready to race!
I've only ever seen a peak of 17psi in my engine. Atmospheric & temperature differences probably contribute to the amount of boost you get.

P

plac

^ thanks, i always thought APR is pushing 19psi, i just wasnt familiar with the whole holding boost or w/e u were saying.

TSI peaks at 20-21???? wow

read my post again, and tell me if i said TSI peaks at 20-21..

P

plac

i meant FSI.............

ha.. ok then. we're straight. my TSI's best peaks are about 19psi on good days, 18psi usually. but it only peaks by accident anyway, not like the car is asking for that much. thats why they call it requested vs actual.

my 2008 FSI was the best. It had stage 1 and would peak 22-23 all day long. Serious. Fastest FSI I had ever driven. Maybe something was wrong with it..

EuroStylez

Go Kart Champion
ha.. ok then. we're straight. my TSI's best peaks are about 19psi on good days, 18psi usually. but it only peaks by accident anyway, not like the car is asking for that much. thats why they call it requested vs actual.

my 2008 FSI was the best. It had stage 1 and would peak 22-23 all day long. Serious. Fastest FSI I had ever driven. Maybe something was wrong with it..

Isnt FSI motor made out of something dif than TSI?

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
ive got this AWE gauge kit 2 month ago, installed it by a pro but 1 month later, it didnt works as great; if im on neutral or idle, it show me -30 into the vaccum instead of around -15, and will push to around 5-6 psi. Look like the thing didnt show the proper measure.

Like u can see in my signature, im modded.

The guy that installed it claimed that its probably a defective piece and should try to send it back to AWE and get an other one on warranty and he didnt attempt any steps to fix it. The engine is as strong as is always been since it modded and surely not only push 5 psi for real so, what could it be ?

Ive got it to prevent any turbo leaks or damages and even if the AWE gauge is decaled, it still works so, Ive get used to that defective annoying bug but wish to know your opinions.

thx

Bruh Man

Go Kart Champion
I know a guy on vortex had a problem with his needle sticking and I believe he got a replacement from AWE. Just hit up Alex I'm sure he'll take care of you. You shouldn't have to settle for a defective gauge IMO.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Boost gauges are not always the most accurate way to measure boost.

With vag-com measure the following from 1500 RPM's to redline with the windows up, ESP off, AC off, on a flat road, in 4th gear with turbo mode enabled on vag-com.

1 001-1 Engine Speed
2 054-3 Accelerator Pedal Position
3 054-4 Throttle Plate Angle
4 114-4 N75 Duty Cycle
5 115-3 Boost Pressure (Specified)
6 115-4 Boost Pressure (Actual)

Engine speed will show your RPM (use this for your X axis)
Accelerator/Throttle will let you know when you went Wide Open throttle and when you let off the throttle.
N75 will let you know what the wastegate is doing to help indicate leaks
Boost specified is how much boost we request
Boost Actual is the actual boost you record