GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DO NOT INSTALL 55W HID

the_abuse

Ready to race!
I ordered a set of 55 Watt HID for my MK6. I thought they would work since the OEM bulbs are 55 watt so i had them installed and they Blew My BCM now i have to get a new one so to all of you stick to the 35watt... they might have worked if i installed a relay you can try it took a while for them to blow. But let is be assured 55wat are redicualsly bright

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
55w in reflector housings will blind oncoming drivers, way too bright. I'm not surprised you had issues if you weren't using a wire harness with 55w.

Let this be a lesson people...lol.

Clempson13

Ready to race!
Yea HIDs draw more power even at the same wattage than halogen bulbs. That's what the ballasts are for in the kits that are sold. Has to do with the different gas type requiring more energy to illuminate.

jasunto

Ready to race!
They can use less during operation, but the initial firing of the gas pulls a ton of power.

Clempson13

Ready to race!

Alen

Passed Driver's Ed
srry to hear that man.....
i wonder how it is for fogs on my mkvi 2.5, bc i want to get 9006 55w 5000k, hopefully i wont need a ballast but we'll see....

the_abuse

Ready to race!
i ran 55w Hid with a baslast and error cancelors and it blew my BCM so i ordered a set of 35 watt from USP and im ordering a stock set of headlights to retrofit some projectors into.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
55W HIDS in a reflector housing? Holy shit...thank God I dont live near you.