GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just REVO'd my 2011 GTI

BenH

Ready to race!

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
gratz. was wondering if the whole ecu adapting to the tune thing is true. guess i'll just have to put more miles lol

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Yes, your ECU does take time to adapt to your tune.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Yes, your ECU does take time to adapt to your tune.

lets say i drive normally for the 150miles.will it adapt fully or do i need to push it (i.e spirited driving) at times?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
By adapt I mean it just needs to re-settle. For example the power transitions will become more smooth and linear, less jerky. Atleast thats how I saw/felt it, and it kinda become more capable/quicker.

I'd just drive how you did before the tune whether thats normal and push it at times or whatever.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
alright then, thx

GPM

Ready to race!
Glad to hear the new Revo install went well.

I'm new to the GTI and just spoke to the local Revo dealer today. He's still waiting for the hardware and hopes to be ready to install the tune in a week or so. Probably do an intercooler upgrade after that and then who knows...

untangle

Ready to race!
They advised that the tune will take about 150 miles to fully adapt but out of the box it's going to be very noticeable. I can definitely feel torque surge vs. OEM flat band so I would argue one needs to alter driving style to stay smooth during transitions. Down low from stop light it's OEM like and I do appreciate the tune's sharper throttle response for heel toeing. It is surprising to hear a subtle whine, is it from the compressor? If so that's the only refinement lost.

My perceptions of the tune are similar to yours.

Don't worry about adaptation, it'll happen transparently in the background. You might experience mild improvements in power, drivability, and fuel economy. You don't have to do anything special to make things happen.

What you're hearing is just the turbine and DV working a bit harder, and pushing more air through the plumbing. It's normal.

they have stage 2 files for 2011 and is ready to go.

Awesome. I go to get my Stage II file installed next week.

Bob

09vdubgti

Banned
Just a warning besides getting a tune dont ever go to KMD they are the absolute worst, and don't back up their work. They send cars they cant fix to Douglas VW ( which is a dealer ). They have a horrible reputation amongst the community, more horrid stories than better. They fucked up my jetta, I took it back to them to have a look at it and they said straight up "not our problem, take it to the dealer". They're all horrible there, if you search around on vortex or golfmkv you'll find similar stories.

Id recommend anyone that wants to get tuned, go to Crestmont VW. They are a vw dealer that does Revo tuning.

DBGTI11

Ready to race!
I REVO'd my 2011 GTI today too and I feel a difference but it doesn't feel that great. I was expecting a really dig difference. I called a few of my friends and all of them said to give the ECU 5 hours of driving time to adapt and I should see a huge improvement.
Like on thing is noticed was the tires wouldn't even screech of a 20 roll :( I thought with all that torque that it would be crazy

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I REVO'd my 2011 GTI today too and I feel a difference but it doesn't feel that great. I was expecting a really dig difference. I called a few of my friends and all of them said to give the ECU 5 hours of driving time to adapt and I should see a huge improvement.
Like on thing is noticed was the tires wouldn't even screech of a 20 roll :( I thought with all that torque that it would be crazy

That sucks, one thing that i'm scared of doing after my reflash is be dissappointed. After all the wait and hype I don't wanna be left without a painful smile on my face lol. I'd rather be in happy pain from smiling too much instead of dissappointment of not being impressed, that's why I might skip stage 1 and go straight to stage 2 and definately have that big gap and be happy :)

Explicit 20VGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have the Stock Intake? On my old MK4 and Audi A4 (B7) i noticed that having an intake really allowed the turbo to breath. Though i was using APR Software. That really shouldn't matter.

Trainwreck

Ready to race!
i highly recommend getting an intake and downpipe in conjunction with tune. I had APR stage 2 on my tsi cc. smiles for me.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear the new Revo install went well.

I'm new to the GTI and just spoke to the local Revo dealer today. He's still waiting for the hardware and hopes to be ready to install the tune in a week or so. Probably do an intercooler upgrade after that and then who knows...

Who you talking to? BSH?

I noticed you are located in Chandler. So am I. Nice Triumph by the way. We should try to get a bunch of GTI guys together for a met (or Triumph guys).