GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

!!Offical Spyder Auto Golf/GTI MK6 New Projector Headlight w/ LED DRLs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvins@spyder

Ready to race!
GB: Offical Spyder Auto Golf/GTI MK6 New Projector Headlight w/ LED DRLs GROUP BUY!!

BLACK IS BACK! Only 10 sets though and they are going fast!

Hello dearest Golfmk6 members!

The official Spyder Auto New LED DRL Projector Headlights group buy has finally begun! After thorough discussions, we are finally coming to the final stage of the group buy. Big thanks to RIP 335 for coming to test fit and all the other members for your comments and questions! Here is the description and details:

These lights are the same ones offered by DECTANE!! (we are the manufacturer) Brand new MK6 Golf/GTI LED DRL Projector Headlight comes with either a Black or Chrome housing featuring white LED DRLs (Phillips LumiLEDs High Power). One set of headlights come in a pair left and right. Headlight package H1 high beam halogen bulbs and turn signal bulbs that are pre-installed in the housing. Use your OEM H7 halogen bulb for the Low-Beam. Simple plug and play installation with the wiring harness and everything works! An H7 HID kit is recommended! You can contact me about our HID kits as well!

Pictures are below:

Chrome:

Black:

Picture of the Back of the Light:

Pictures on Car with aftermarket HIDs:

Euro Cutoff:

One time Group buy Price Structure:

Black or Chrome Housing.

1-5 units: $320 SHIPPED!

6-10 units: $310 SHIPPED!

11+ units: $300 SHIPPED!

**CALIFORNIA BUYERS NEED TO ADD 9.75% TO THE PRICE FOR CA TAX.**

Shipping info:
All items will be shipped Via UPS Ground and a tracking number will be given. For Canada or other countries please PM me for shipping quote. Tracking number will be provided via PM or email once item is shipped!

Payment info PAY ATTENTION!:
All payment will be done by PAYPAL, please pay with paypal to "payment@spyderauto.com", PLEASE PAY ATTENTION!! After sending payment via paypal, Please PM or email me via kelvins@spyderauto.com along with your FORUM NAME, YOUR NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS, PAYPAL TRANSACTION ID# and your COLOR CHOICE. I need all of this information in order to process the order. GOOD NEWS, 3% paypal fee will be waived and I will pay for that! PM me if you want to pay by Credit card, we can’t do it via the phone for security reason.

FOR EXAMPLE (after making payment, please contact me with the following format):

Forum name: kelvins@spyder
Name: Kelvin Sheng
Address: 19395 E. Walnut Dr. N. City of Industry, CA 91748
Phone #: 626-203-6932
Email: kelvins@spyderauto.com
Paypal Transaction ID#: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Option: BLACK or CHROME

Important Info:
I will ship out orders as they come in. If and when we reach the threshold for the lower price, I will refund all participants the difference. The group buy will end on 3/11 Midnight, 3/10 will be the last day to submit your payment. I will mark down who paid on the list and also when I have tracking number provided with the shipment for the buyers.

FOR EXAMPLE:

1. kelvin@spyder (Black) - PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:

1. phd-12v (Black) PAID PICKED UP
2. RiVoT (Black) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER
3. kashak (Black) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER
4. dragon69185 (Black) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER
5. Bearcat2439 (Black) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER
6. gunmetal5 (Black) PAID PICKED UP
7. Munjai (Black) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER
8. garrettwp (Chrome) PAID SHIPPED WITH TRACKING NUMBER

Don’t miss this opportunity to get these lights at a great cost!
Thanks guys!! contact me if you have any question or concerns!

Last edited:

upgrad3

Ready to race!
nothing against the OP or the product itself, but does anyone else thing that buying these types of head lights are just silly? They belong on Audi's....it's like putting angel eyes on a Civic, just doesn't fit....but to each his own

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
well for what i want them for, it may not be too silly. Technically i can buy these to run while i take out my original halogen lights, and retrofit a quad bi-xenon setup to them. its cheaper to buy these than the original halogen set. if that makes any sense

r.c.y.k.1

Passed Driver's Ed
how much shipping for edmonton, alberta, canada? postal code T6E 5Y1

also, is that really a plug and play for Gti?? how about 2.5?? since i am interested in one set each.

Gti For Me

Go Kart Champion
I think they look good when you just have the LED on for your DRL but you will need euro switch to do that and vag-com AND as someone else said good to have these while you do the retrofit in your OEM lights.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
nothing against the OP or the product itself, but does anyone else thing that buying these types of head lights are just silly? They belong on Audi's....it's like putting angel eyes on a Civic, just doesn't fit....but to each his own

Yea, it looks like blacked out Altezza lights to me.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
so i want to come get these today. how much? seriously

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
i can get these ebay for 350 shipped, im trying to give you guys my money instead of some random seller. Is there a better number to call other than the www.spyderauto.com number?

kelvins@spyder

Ready to race!
how much shipping for edmonton, alberta, canada? postal code T6E 5Y1

also, is that really a plug and play for Gti?? how about 2.5?? since i am interested in one set each.

Yes, these are both plug and play - One single harness for all the lights on the headlights.

I will PM you regarding shipping shortly

Last edited:

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
yeah...................so the pictures on line really dont do them justice at all. Install was pretty straightforward, 5 t-20 torx inside each wheel well, 4 t-20 torx across the grille area, 8 t-30 tork for the headlights 4 on each side, pop the grille off and pull the bumper forward, and the lights slide right out. The clip holding the factory wiring was a pain in the butt, but everything plugged right in.

WARNING!!!! all the bulbs are in there except the H7 though. I plugged them in and got 2 light out warnings. I popped the covers off and yep no H7. Just remove them from the factory set and your good to go.

Ok mounting them was pretty easy, i have done alot of modifications in the past and am used to really looking at gaps and the such. You may not notice it, but the factory lights do have gaps around them, especially at the corner on the fender. If you loosely install the bottom t-30 torx on both sides(it is on the inside and down next to the harness plug ins) and install the t-30 Torx behind the front grille pretty loose, you have have the ability to really line them up right. I also put the top ones in really loose too, but then i reinstalled the grille and put the bumper back up too. Reinstalled the t-20 tork in each fender well (5 per side) and only left the grilles top 4 t-20 torx out. Once i did this i was able to align them almost perfect. There is a slight gap near the corner, but nothing really crazy. The gap above the lights i really dont see, as if you look at the hood, there are gaskets there that rest on the top of my lights. You can line them up from where the grille sits and the top of the fender. I got them really seated good.

Now on to the light performance. AS OF RIGHT NOW, im using everything it came with and my factory h7 bulbs. The led's are pretty damn bright. Not only that but the modules are already mounted for them and fitments behind the lights was perfectly fine. One note, the LEDS function as DRL, and they dim when you turn the switch on. (i do not have a euro switch). Then the small lights in the very front corners come on and do not look out of place at all, very subtle. Turn signal lights are just that, turn signals. They have kinda a square look that really matches the gti fog lights actually. And the projectors for low beam are pretty nice really. I did have to adjust the aim slightly up as the cutoff is pretty sharp. I did take some pictures tonight and i will get them uploaded tomorrow morning.

So how do i like them???
In all honesty, they are not ricey looking in any way. Actually it gives the front a more AUDI kinda look than anything. Quality looked pretty good, there is only 1 thing that bothered me about them. The wiring plug that connects to my factory wiring was fine, and it is siliconed (nice touch actually) but from there to the actual lights, it needs some clean harnessing done. I plan on taking these back out over the weekend, and doing my HID kit in them to see how it does. SO i will work on the harnesses then, but that could have been done a little cleaner IMHO. Other than that i was throughly impressed. These pics online really dont do them any justice at all.

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
I think I want these.. not sure if I want chrome or black though.. I have a CW and I'm not sure if the black looks "right." My only other issue is that I've never taken the bumper off of a car or anything, so I'm not sure how I would get these installed. Is anyone planning a DIY, or will a shop do this for me? How much do you think a shop would charge? I also don't know how much I want an aftermarket HID kit, so I think I'd just prefer the halogens, unless the HID's looked good without being blinding. I sub'd this forum, so if anyone wants to chime in, thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.