GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Randum's Sleeper

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Alright so I saw this section and figured, why not? I'm not doing anything too insane to the car, but I know sometimes certain modifications people might have questions about. So here are the modifications in order. My main focus is performance. The car is great right out of the box, but also being the reliable German engineered ride, also has an extremely high ceiling for power modifications. I love the idea of outperforming cars twice the retail!

I'm a big one into washing/detailing the car too, I have been slowly growing my collection of products, any suggestions, let me know! Some notable products include: Klausse line of polishing/washing, Eagle one for the chrome tips, and Pinnacle Wax. Also have a wheel wax, I will list when I remember the name.

Fresh off the dealer lot, I chose the black, DSG, 2dr. My only requests were no NAV, no leather and the 18" detroits because those are hands down, my favorite wheel. Got a good deal and was beyond happy
Feb 2010

Shortly after I went ahead with the APR stage 1, local performance shop to get this done. I read up thanks to VWVortex and the Golf6 forums everything I needed to know about this ECU tuning...

Right after this I jumped on the Carbonio intake, I went ahead with the whole stage1,2 setup. Most definitely helped the throttle response, added a nice little turbo noise when getting on it, and on shifting.

Nothing looks better to me than a little tinting on the windows, but I thought Illinois only allowed rear windows. Nope! You can do 35% all around. I also blacked out my sidemarkers with laminex

A little "stick on" horsepower - my favorite band. And filled in those blank buttons! Also a little German flag.

The moment I learned I could drive with the footwell lights, I wasted no time with installing some red LEDs. Absolutely completes the inside lighting for me.

After some time enjoying the stage 1, I decided it was time to move to stage 2. I also was craving a little more "exhaust" noise (but not too much) after going to a few local VW meet ups.

I went with the 42 DD downpipe setup. Sounds, and performs excellent. Again the throttle response was improved. Just about completely eliminated any "lag" in "D" mode.

After enjoying my stage 2, I wanted a little more aggressive stance without compromising my already stiff handling. I went with the eibach pro-kit springs.

And recently had my APR software updated, and again - my "D" throttle response was improved. I can drive around town in "D" and not feel like I'm missing the other half of my car!

Needed a front plate in Illinois, went with the tow hook solution, works great! And easy to remove if theres a show-n-shine competition!

The appearance of the car (rims, windows, height) is perfect. This is exactly what I pictured.

As for performance, you are always chasing the carrot but for now, its a great balance of both a fast car (for me) and the closest to a sports car but yet gives me great MPG (34 with city and highway driving, will avg just above 30 for the tank usually, when messing around). Not being an everyday driver anymore does allow me to possibly do more future modifications.

AWE Boost Gauge

LEDs for Rear Licenseplate (pictures coming soon)
Rear Sway Bar Installed -Went with APR- tried myself and stripped the 6mm bolt! D"oh! Thanks to City VW in Chicago, got it taken care of and installed no problem. Only drove a bit and tossed it around- feels like it is on rails! More results in the future.

Future Mods:
S3 Intercooler w/turbo pipe....soon!
Water meth?
Catch Can?

Really would like to go stage III.....

Some additional pics:

Last edited:

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
I love the missiles stickers, where did you find those?

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
that's one nice sleeper man. enjoy modding! :thumbsup:

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
very nice ride man :thumbsup:
can you tell me what sort of red LEDs are these?.. i want to do the same but have no idea which type or size or whatever..

itzalexbish

Ready to race!
i want that plate mod! where can i get it?!

Randum

Go Kart Champion
First of all, thanks for the feedback!

And for questions, here you go!

I love the missiles stickers, where did you find those?

Here you go!
http://www.aestheticreations.net/vinylgraphicstickers.htm

very nice ride man :thumbsup:
can you tell me what sort of red LEDs are these?.. i want to do the same but have no idea which type or size or whatever..
Take a look at this thread: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2349&highlight=LED,+footwell&page=4

You can decide between a few options/colors etc, but use the links and you can see a few different results. I wanted RED, that was it!

i want that plate mod! where can i get it?!
Find the plate here: http://www.rhoplate.com/
And you may need to send an email over to ensure you receive the right one.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
very nice man! I have 3 out of those 4 stickers on mine too - we must think a lot alike, lol.

Ride looks great :w00t:

Cwykle99

Ready to race!
Sweet! Lookin like missiles and and ejector seat.....maybe hide a nitrous button under the mushrooms lol