GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI MK6: Leather or Cloth?

Good point! The most frustrating thing about this car right now is waiting on a definitive list of pricing/options. I don't mind waiting another month or two for the car, I just want to know exactly how much the thing will cost.

Although the page was taken down after 2 days, the numbers that were thrown up on the GTI's were:

(these are all for the 2 door)

base manual $23,290
base DSG $24,390

sunroof $1,000
Bi-Xenon w/ AFS $600
low BT (mandatory forced option) $275
Navigation $1,750
Dynaudio 300W "light" $400

Autobahn package (sunroof, leather) $2,795

Conventional wisdom says the 18" wheel package will be about the same along with other port installed accessories.

4 door will be around $500 more than the 2 door. Rear side airbags $350. Destination & handling $690.

I suspect you'll see pricing released at the last second - same as the Mk V. Currency fluctuations, market forcasting, etc. all get computed up to the last possible minute before they finalize the numbers. Hell, for the MK V, the cars were on the lot for sale before VWoA got their act together & updated their webpage. Hopefully they'll do better this time around.

Cigar

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess its is too hard for you to read the whole thread. So, I'll just requote myself with the "new cloth seats".

Nowhere in the link you posted does it say the new cloth "top sport" seats. It is simply new regular sport seats as in new plaid pattern.

Are you kidding me with the insults? No reason to be a jackass about it.
As quoted below you mentioned that the new mark 6 coming to NA will not be getting the red-stitched seats as pictured, when in fact they will be.

None. The top one is Mark 6, the second one is Mark 5. Both are not available in North America.

We get this below in North America.

http://www.mattdesmond.com/NEWGTI/images/new_gti_1024_16.jpg

I think the US seats will have the stitching. If you go look on VW's site currently under the "future/upcoming vehicles" and the GTI photos, you'll see the plaid seats with red stiching on the seams. I just don't think it showed well in the photo above.

Precisely. All you have to do is click on a photo and notice that they are indeed getting the newly revised, red-stitched seats. Not the same seats as in the Mk5.... thankfully. It would have been a real disappointment for me to not receive these incredibly sexy seats! Wouldn't you agree volsfan?

zee

Go Kart Champion

Are you kidding me with the insults? No reason to be a jackass about it.
As quoted below you mentioned that the new mark 6 coming to NA will not be getting the red-stitched seats as pictured, when in fact they will be.

It is not an insult, you quoted me wrongly and I corrected you with a link in thesame thread.

I never mentioned that the red-stitching is not coming to North America. I said the "top sport" cloth seats are not coming to North America...This what I re-quoted and but I do not know if you are reading it wrong or it is my wording.

The top sport seats willl only be available in black vienna leather for North America. You can tell the "top sport" seats based on the headrests and bigger side bolsters.

Basically...
- Top sport Seats in leather (coming)
- Top sport Seats in cloth (Not coming)
- The regular sport seats in cloth (coming)
- The new plaid cloth (coming)
- The red stitching for the new cloth (coming)

From the Mk5, the design of the seats will be thesame(ie regular sport seats), the stitching different(ie red-stitching).

Here is what Volksfan thinks >>http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8210&postcount=60<<which is what I am trying to explain.
Again, I am not trying to insult you.

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion

These are the seats I quoted about from Alex. Both are "top sport" cloth seats. Not available in North America. One is from the Mk5, the other Mk6.

Top sport cloth seats will not be coming to North America. Only the regular sport cloth seats with red stitching.

Last edited:

HyeWarrior

Banned
I'm so incredibly confused as to which cloth seats North America will get... But thats probably because I'm super tired and need sleep

zee

Go Kart Champion
I'm so incredibly confused as to which cloth seats North America will get... But thats probably because I'm super tired and need sleep

It is hard to explain because the actual picture has not yet been released. Only the cloth, stitching and kind of seat. The kind will be regular sport seats not "top sport" cloth seats.

You just have to remember that...
There are two kinds of seats
1- Top sport seats
2- Regular sport seats

There are also two kinds of seat materials
A- Leather
B- Plaid jacky cloth (w/red stitching)

You can tell the "top sport" seats by the squarish headrests and bigger side bolsters. e.g leather seats in MK5 GTI.
You can tell the regular sport seats by the normal headrests and a little bit of side bolsters. e.g cloth seats in MK5 GTI.

What combination did VW decide to ship to North America? 1A & 2B.
1A - Top sport seats in black leather,
2B - Regular sport seats with cloth and red stitching.

The top sport cloth seats are not coming. Picture below see headrest..

Now the picture below is the regular sport seat from the Mk5 GTI. We will be getting this seat with a different cloth(cloth above) which has red stitching and new cloth. Please see the headrests...

Last edited:

zee

Go Kart Champion
We're getting these lame seats again? :(

I want leather for sure now

It is still quite comfortable though. Here is a picture of the seats taken from APR's MK6 GTI at Waterfest earlier this year. It is a bit hard to tell, but you can kinda see the headrests. You'll notice that the plaid pattern does not run the full length of the backrest.
Hopefully someone from APR has a better shot that they can post up.

Cigar

Passed Driver's Ed
Well bubuski, I stand corrected. I apologize for my earlier comment. I misunderstood you and acted irrationally.

You seem to have a wealth of knowledge in regards to the new GTI and are a great asset to the forum.

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't see why volkswagen wouldn't just put the new cool cloth sport "top" seats like in germany but from the pic bubuski put up it doesn't look bad. sure it's the same kind of seat, but the red stitching and new pattern makes it look nice and refreshed. i'll be sticking with the cloth seats when i get this car even tho the leather is obviously awesome

HyeWarrior

Banned
The don't look BAD, I just wish we would get the sportier versions... The headrests can easily be swapped with the sportier headrests in the rear seats :p

I dunno what I'll be getting, it all depends if the price is right at that certain moment... But the Tornado Red is looking better and better every time I see it :drool:

zee

Go Kart Champion
I apologize for my earlier comment. I misunderstood you and acted irrationally.

NP! My appoligies too.:w00t: .

I re-read the whole thread and noticed that I initially made a claim without proof and you simply just called me out on it. This is a discussion forum afterall.

zee

Go Kart Champion
But the Tornado Red is looking better and better every time I see it :drool:

Do it.:burnrubber:

Red will always be the fastest colour..and easily has 5hp over the other colors.:thumbup:

A guy helped me photoshop this in another forum as I have a Tornado Red 4 door on the way. Got the VIN late last week.

He lowered it a touch, slight window tints, painted the side skirts and put 19" Phaeton Helios to gice it a factory look.

Here is a more recent picture of the APR GTI. Download highres here >>> http://www.goapr.com/media/photos/

Last edited:

Fredro

that last pic, black rims with red lining is so sick!
I want it :thumbsup:

Saw a GTD in the candy white today, the rear end of the mk6 looks alot better in person.