GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbergs Shadow Blue Build Thread

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
I think it's time to start my build thread!! I have a 2011 Shadow Blue GTI with the sunroof and navi package and a 6-speed manual. Got the car at the end of December and it's been stock since but thats about to change! I had a MkV GTI prior to this car with the FSI motor that was stock. It was leased so it was torturous not being able to mod it for 3 years! I'm planning to do mostly performance mods first then eventually work into some cosmetic stuff.

Current Mods:
Engine/Performance:
GIAC Stage 2
Modshack VTDA
SPM Catted Downpipe
Magnaflow Catback

Wheels/Suspension/Chassis:
18" Enkei Raijins
Eibach Sways 26mm front/23mm rear
Unibrace UB

Transmission
Euro Short Shift Lever
SPM Torque Mount insert

Exterior:
Vacar LED Tails
Smoked sidemarkers
30% Tint

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN0601(1).jpg

IMG_20110602_175238.jpg

Last edited:

GTI-OCD

Ready to race!
Looks like a solid plan. Even though performance gains is your focus, the LED R tails make a surprisingly significant improvement to the style of the car. Have fun!

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Looks like a solid plan. Even though performance gains is your focus, the LED R tails make a surprisingly significant improvement to the style of the car. Have fun!

Haha. Definitely. Anything to justify those amazing taillights.

Smoked sidemarkers installed today! Looks so much better without the orange its incredible. Had to get those Sylvania 2827LL bulbs though because the ones that came with them didn't fit properly. Just a quick pic I took before the sun went down.

IMAG0128.jpg

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Got Stage 1 GIAC today from AWE. I got horrible gas mileage on my way home after the flash. Typically I'm in the low 30s on highway. I didnt even pass 25mpg on my way home. Anyone have a similar issue?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yes, I used to get close to like 34mpg highway stock, now, its hard for me to get 29/30mpg with Stage 1. Watch cruise control, I think that makes it worse.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Good news. Mfd said I was averaging 32 mpg on my way to work this morning. Didn't have much time to get on it that much but I will definitely try on my way home.

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
How are you liking the GIAC Tune?

The differences between yesterday and today are night and day. The extra power is just amazing. I was skeptical on the whole adaptation process but that really is the case. The throttle did feel a tad touchy on my way home though. I could attribute that to the ac being on and my work shoes (horrible pedal feel). It's not very noticeable though. I only have about 120 miles on it so hopefully that works itself out. Other than that it's been great so far. I can't wait to get an intake on it!

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I'm jealous that you live so close to waterfest. I wish I could have made it there, just to far to drive there and back in two days for me. Glad you're enjoying the tune!

Bender1

Banned
The differences between yesterday and today are night and day. The extra power is just amazing. I was skeptical on the whole adaptation process but that really is the case. The throttle did feel a tad touchy on my way home though. I could attribute that to the ac being on and my work shoes (horrible pedal feel). It's not very noticeable though. I only have about 120 miles on it so hopefully that works itself out. Other than that it's been great so far. I can't wait to get an intake on it!

:w00t:

We need to do a local meet one of these days!

Gberg2119

Ready to race!
Washed and waxed yesterday. Thinking the next mod will probably be an intake.

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 333